Movian official Telegram channel (8 comments)
Movian now have an official Telegram channel where you can reach the developers. To join simply follow this link:
Beta testers wanted for Movian on iPhone and iPad (5 comments)
Movian remote control (6 comments)
I've finally finished a project I've been working on for a long time.
Movian Remote Control¶
To put it simply it let you use Movian as a remote to control itself on another device.
For example, you can use Movian on your Android Phone or Table to control Movian on your Playstation or Raspberry Pi.
Available from Movian 5.0.39 and up.
All running Movians on your local network will appear inside the Local Network item found on the Home screen.
Tap the Movian icon and you will immediately gain control of the device. Both user interfaces will now work in lock-step.
You can even have multiple controllers connected simultaneously and all will stay in sync with each other.
During video playback an alternate screen is shown on the controlling devices rather than also dispalying the video. All controls and settings are also found on the controlling device.
Makes it very easy to select subtitles, adjust video pan, etc without disrupting the main view.
The ability for a device to be remote controlled can be turned off in Settings -> Network
You can pin devices to the Home screen on your controller in Settings -> Discovered Media Sources
Hope you'll like it. I certainly do.
Over and out,
Movian 5.0 (8 comments)
Finally I've decided to put the 5.0 release out. Downloads are available here
This release comes with a new user interface which works better with touch devices as Movian is now also available in Google Play store, get it here
Highlights from this version, in no particular order:
- New "flat" user interface
- Official Mac OS X builds (with built-in updater)
- Official Android builds (with built-in updater)
- Improved screen saver
- Better video decoding support on Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi 3 supported
- Show current time in top-right corner
- Hardware accelerated video decoding on Android
Movian available for Raspberry Pi 3 (1 comment)
STOS (The operating system running Movian on RPI) has been upgraded to support Raspberry Pi 3 (Including on-board WiFi)
Downloads are available here: https://movian.tv/downloads/stos
Movian now available as a Chrome Web App (5 comments)
During the last year I've spent some time now and then on porting Movian to Google Chrome Apps (aka Native Clients). I now think it's stable enough for general use. It should be mostly on-par feature-wise with the "normal" versions. If you notice anything, please let me know.
So with no further ado: Get Movian in Google Chrome Web Store
Movian 4.10 Released (7 comments)
New generic features¶
- Added magnet torrent links support
- Support browsing local network for Windows/Samba servers and also browsing shared folders on each server.
- Upgrade to libav 11
Vastly improved HLS demuxer¶
- More robust streaming of live content.
- Support for supplementary audio tracks (multiple languages, etc).
- Improved adaptive bitrate switching.
Raspberry Pi specific features¶
- Support for Raspberry Pi 2.
- Audio pass-thru over HDMI.
- Automatic deinterlacing of interlaced content.
- Automount and show USB drives on start page.
I will now start working on the 5.0 release which will focus on an updated user interface. Stay tuned...
/Andreas - Project leader
The 4.10 release is soon about to arrive and some of the translations are in desperate need of updates.
For information how to update or create translations please see the Translation page on the wiki.
Here is the full list of all translations and how many translations that are missing from each variant. Those with many items missing will be removed if nobody takes ownership and update them.
Processing lang/cs_CZ.lang (Czech / Česky) maintained by Jirka Dutka <[email protected]> 220 translations missing Processing lang/de_DE.lang (German / Deutsch) maintained by Maximilian Jänsch <[email protected]> 71 translations missing Processing lang/dk_DK.lang (Danish / Dansk) maintained by Klaus Rauteberg <[email protected]> 42 translations missing Processing lang/el_EL.lang (Greek / Ελληνικά) maintained by ananias47 & panos kosmo [email protected] 102 translations missing Processing lang/fr_FR.lang (French / Français) maintained by Niconico27 50 translations missing Processing lang/it_IT.lang (Italian / Italiano) maintained by Red Squirrel <[email protected]> 0 translations missing Processing lang/nl_NL.lang (Dutch / Nederlands) maintained by GuardianSoul, eussNL 166 translations missing Processing lang/pl_PL.lang (Polish / Polski) maintained by Cichy <[email protected]> 0 translations missing Processing lang/pt_BR.lang (Brazilian Portuguese / Português Brasileiro) maintained by Alexandre Zia <[email protected]> 163 translations missing Processing lang/pt_PT.lang (Portuguese / Português) maintained by andreus sebes 141 translations missing Processing lang/ru_RU.lang (Russian / Русский ) maintained by pvc1 <[email protected]> 50 translations missing Processing lang/si_SI.lang (Slovenian / Slovenski) maintained by Drago Kraner <[email protected]> 225 translations missing Processing lang/sk_SK.lang (Slovak / Slovensky) maintained by lubek76 <[email protected]> 220 translations missing Processing lang/sp_SP.lang (Spanish / Español) maintained by Diego Franco <[email protected]> 71 translations missing Processing lang/sv_SV.lang (Swedish / Svenska) maintained by Andreas Öman <[email protected]> 0 translations missing Processing lang/zh_CN.lang (Simplified Chinese / 简体中文) maintained by Rural Hunter<[email protected]> 15 translations missing Processing lang/zh_TW.lang (Traditional Chinese / 正體中文) maintained by Chinghan Yu<[email protected]> 220 translations missing
Showtime will be renamed to Movian (3 comments)
I have decided to give this project a new name. This was not an easy decision but still a necessary one.
The new name will be Movian
The reasons for this is mainly that the name Showtime is used by a big US TV network. Thus it is currently hard to find Showtime by just googling it. Also, as I plan to release Showtime in various app stores in near future it may result in naming conflicts or even rejections.
The transition will be gradual with changes both to the application itself and this website which will eventually be migrated into https://movian.tv
Hopefully it should be as transparent and painless as possible for the users.
More updates will follow as the migration continues.
You can follow Movian's Twitter account at https://twitter.com/movianplayer
Andreas - Project leader
Showtime 4.8 released (8 comments)
Finally time for a new release just before 2014 ends. In total 183 issues have been filed and fixed
- Add support for streaming directly from bittorrent peer-to-peer network.
- Improved HLS streamer, in particular better support for live streams and quicker adaption between bitrates.
- Major rewrite of user interface rendering code. This is a preparation for Showtime 5.0 which will sport a new user interface.
- It's now possible to turn off automatic browsing of archives (ZIP and RAR) as folders.
- It's now possible to configure the amount of time Showtime skips when seeking backward and forwards. Settings available in settings -> video playback.
- Since February 2014 (Showtime version 4.5.108), clearing metadata does not erase playcount, resume point, etc. Update the 'Clear metadata...' -warning text to r
- Improve metadata lookup speed when using external sources such as http://themoviedb.org, etc.
- Add support for video panning during playback.
Improve User Interface when streaming from Tvheadend:¶
- Added show description and name of next show to TV playdeck.
- If a channel has an icon, display that instead of Display.png in list view.
- Added tv show description to iteminfo view.
- Sort channels based on channelNumber set in Tvheadend's user interface.
- Fix interlaced h264 playback
- Display HDD utilization in sysinfo overlay
Raspberry Pi specific¶
- Fix broken AV sync when streaming from Tvheadend
Also available in: Atom