Showtime 4.8 released
Finally time for a new release just before 2014 ends. In total 183 issues have been filed and fixed
- Add support for streaming directly from bittorrent peer-to-peer network.
- Improved HLS streamer, in particular better support for live streams and quicker adaption between bitrates.
- Major rewrite of user interface rendering code. This is a preparation for Showtime 5.0 which will sport a new user interface.
- It's now possible to turn off automatic browsing of archives (ZIP and RAR) as folders.
- It's now possible to configure the amount of time Showtime skips when seeking backward and forwards. Settings available in settings -> video playback.
- Since February 2014 (Showtime version 4.5.108), clearing metadata does not erase playcount, resume point, etc. Update the 'Clear metadata...' -warning text to r
- Improve metadata lookup speed when using external sources such as http://themoviedb.org, etc.
- Add support for video panning during playback.
Improve User Interface when streaming from Tvheadend:¶
- Added show description and name of next show to TV playdeck.
- If a channel has an icon, display that instead of Display.png in list view.
- Added tv show description to iteminfo view.
- Sort channels based on channelNumber set in Tvheadend's user interface.
- Fix interlaced h264 playback
- Display HDD utilization in sysinfo overlay
Raspberry Pi specific¶
- Fix broken AV sync when streaming from Tvheadend