Showtime on the Raspberry Pi
The Raspberry Pi port of Showtime is starting to come together so I though it's time to give a quick status update.
First off, what works.¶
- User interface runs (albeit a bit slow)
- h264 and MPEG-2 accelerated decoding. Tested with up to 1080p Bluray remuxes peaking at 30Mbps.
- Stereo audio including downmix from multi channel audio
- HDMI CEC - Controlling the UI using your TV's remote. So far only tested against Samsung TVs
- All plugins including Spotify.
What does not work so good.¶
- There are no auto generated or published builds.
- Multi channel audio.
- It's still a bit unstable.
A list of things that I will fix in the near future.¶
- Improve user interface speed. I have a lot of ideas in the bag in order to speed things up. So I have a lot of faith here.
- Multi channel audio support. Just need to buy a new A/V receiver first...
- Hook up Showtime's auto build system so I can start generating continuous builds.
- Create a Showtime distribution for the Raspberry Pi. This will allow users to just download a single SD image and get automatic updates of Showtime when new releases are published.
- Ok, great. But I want to test it now.
Sure, just read the section about building for Raspberry Pi in Showtime's README in the source repository.