Stuttering with tvheadend playback
|Assignee:||Andreas Smas||% Done:|
|Found in version:||2.99.351.ga5eea
When i use showtime to play content from tvheadend, all is ok as long as the playback window is relatively small. If I increase the size of the window, or maximise it, then playback starts to stutter after around 15-20 seconds.
AMD Athlon(tm) II P320 Dual-Core Processor
M880G [Mobility Radeon HD 4200]
How to debug?
This is probably the GPU beeing to slow to paint using Showtimes video shaders.
I think Showtime needs to be able to figure out when the GPU is too slow and show that as a warning.
- Category set to Video playback
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Assignee set to Andreas Smas
- Priority changed from Normal to Low
- Target version set to 2.99
- Status changed from Accepted to Rejected
I won't address this anytime soon. Sorry.
I am not convinced that it is a slow GPU problem as I can view tvheadend streams through the browser using vlc plugin fullscreen with no problems at all.. . .
- Found in version set to 2.99
Showtime uses its own OpenGL shaders to do YUV -> RGB conversion and scaling.
While i'm pretty sure that vlc would use X11 Video extension or something like that.
Those might be differently accelerated by the GPU
- Found in version changed from 2.99 to 2.99.351.ga5eea
- Target version changed from 2.99 to 3.0
This appears to be cured in git 94da7f9. . . .
Also available in: Atom