|Assignee:||Andreas Smas||% Done:|
Since a lot of people watching fullHD or 4K movies usually have a 5.1 sound system (or more, or similar like soundbars), a lot of TV producers implement audio passthrough feature that lets audio systems handle the audio track.
Personally I have an ATMOS soundbar and I feel the difference while playing a movie with bult-in Sony TV app and Movian.
So I'm requesting this feature that can improve an already excellent app.
Great work Andreas!
#1 Updated by Leonid Protasov over 5 years ago
- Status changed from New to Need feedback
What platform do you use Movian on?
#2 Updated by Leonid Protasov about 5 years ago
- Status changed from Need feedback to Fixed
- % Done changed from 0 to 100
No feedback so I'm closing this.
#3 Updated by Rural Hunter about 5 years ago
Sony TV, it must be Android.
#4 Updated by Rob Koni over 4 years ago
Leonid this is fixed in the modded version of Movian for Android by Dean. It has Audio passthrough
(you need an account to download the apk files, generate that via the official 4PDA Android app)
- Added pass-through mode for Dolby Digital (AC3) and Dolby Digital+ (EAC3)
- Added pass-through mode for DTS and DTS-HD Master Audio
- Added option in "Audio settings" "Transcode to EAC3 when possible"
- Added transcoding of unsupported audio codecs (AAC/MP2/MP3) to 5.1 DD/AC3 640 kbps and (DTS/DTS-HD/TRUE-HD) to 5.1 DD+/EAC3 768 kbps (if above option is enabled)