Bug #3252

Plugin from kodi

Added by Damir Hasic almost 4 years ago. Updated over 3 years ago.

Status:RejectedStart date:01/06/2017
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Andreas Smas% Done:

0%

Category:Plugins
Target version:-
Found in version:5 Platform:PS3

Description

Hello.
Is it too much trouble to make plugin for movian from plugin for kodi? I have this plugin for my local tv called moja web tv and I attachet it. Can you make plugin for movian from this in easy way or it is a hard to do? Thanks!

Damir

plugin.video.mojawebtv.zip (359 KB) Damir Hasic, 01/06/2017 06:33 PM

mojawebtv.zip (26 KB) czz 78, 01/20/2017 12:06 PM

History

#1 Updated by Rob Koni almost 4 years ago

As far as I know Kodi has Python based plugins where Movian uses Javascript. This cannot be converted very easily I think.

Maybe @Andreas or one of the other developers can tell us more.

#2 Updated by Andreas Smas almost 4 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Rejected

Rob is correct. And even while in theory it would be possible to add Python to Movian there will still be discrepancy between how the internal data model works. I'm not an expert of Kodi's inner workings but I assume it's different than Movian's.

#3 Updated by czz 78 almost 4 years ago

I have been looking at the source code of the kodi plugin developed in python, it is possible to make in movian too :)

I haved developed plugins for kodi and the logic is the same as movian.
It's obvious you have to get into ecmascript coding (almost like javascript).

I agree that documentation for developing plugins in movian is poor but you can follow git repos with movian plugin source code and try to understand what it does.

Basically the are functions for creating folders and files (video, audio or whatever) like kodi those (there are very similar ), you can use regex and scrape http or json pages like you do with urllib.

Just keep on and you will be able to do it.

#4 Updated by Rob Koni almost 4 years ago

czz 78 wrote:

I have been looking at the source code of the kodi plugin developed in python, it is possible to make in movian too :)

I haved developed plugins for kodi and the logic is the same as movian.
It's obvious you have to get into ecmascript coding (almost like javascript).

I agree that documentation for developing plugins in movian is poor but you can follow git repos with movian plugin source code and try to understand what it does.

Basically the are functions for creating folders and files (video, audio or whatever) like kodi those (there are very similar ), you can use regex and scrape http or json pages like you do with urllib.

Just keep on and you will be able to do it.

Any tutorial on this?

#5 Updated by czz 78 almost 4 years ago

Here is docs for plugin development

https://movian.tv/projects/movian/wiki/PluginDevelopment

Well you could start from something like on the attached file.

I have done just a simple directory Live Cam that give you all live cams ( wich i think you don't need to be logged in, i have never used moja web service )

You can do it with directories that points into lists of channels, or make a list of channels directly from the start page (your choise).

I think you could get all channels with only a json call to http://195.222.33.193/channels, your choice what to do and how to.

This is only an example :)

#6 Updated by Damir Hasic almost 4 years ago

I don't even know how to install this in movian? :)

#7 Updated by ps3user ps3user almost 4 years ago

Damir Hasic wrote:

I don't even know how to install this in movian? :)

Just put that zip file to USB drive or SMB share etc and play it with Movian. It will install it from zip file.

#8 Updated by Damir Hasic over 3 years ago

ps3user ps3user wrote:

Damir Hasic wrote:

I don't even know how to install this in movian? :)

Just put that zip file to USB drive or SMB share etc and play it with Movian. It will install it from zip file.

I tried but when run some live cam get message in upper left corner "No players found for sources"

Also available in: Atom PDF