Feature #2740

Add recursive search by filename in subfolders of the folder from which the movie is played

Added by Tiago windcrusher almost 6 years ago. Updated about 3 years ago.

Status:AcceptedStart date:06/29/2015
Priority:NormalDue date:
Assignee:Andreas Smas% Done:

0%

Category:Subtitles
Target version:-

Description

Hi,
When I have the subtitle into subfolder of movie folder.
Is possible if showtime load subtitle from subfolder ?
Is possible, add feature for select subtitle?

In this case I have:
Folder: Django.Livre.2013.720p-SPARKS.DUAL-ANGELiC
File: Django.Livre.2013.720p-SPARKS.DUAL-ANGELiC.mkv
Subfolder: Subtitle
File into subfolder Subtitle: Django.Livre.2013.720p-SPARKS.DUAL-ANGELiC.srt

Thanks

History

#1 Updated by Leonid Protasov almost 6 years ago

  • Status changed from New to Need feedback

Tiago windcrusher wrote:

Hi,
When I have the subtitle into subfolder of movie folder.
Is possible if showtime load subtitle from subfolder ?
Is possible, add feature for select subtitle?

In this case I have:
Folder: Django.Livre.2013.720p-SPARKS.DUAL-ANGELiC
File: Django.Livre.2013.720p-SPARKS.DUAL-ANGELiC.mkv
Subfolder: Subtitle
File into subfolder Subtitle: Django.Livre.2013.720p-SPARKS.DUAL-ANGELiC.srt

Thanks

You can just point Movian to central subfolder and it will look there. That is already implemented in settings...

#2 Updated by Tiago windcrusher almost 6 years ago

You can just point Movian to central subfolder and it will look there. That is already implemented in settings...

I tink you dont understand

I dont have only one folder with ali subtitles, sede my sample:

\movie\movie1\movie1.mkv
\movie\movie1\movie1.srt
\movie\movie2\movie2.mkv
\movie\movie2\subtitle\movie2.srt
\movie\movie3\movie3.mkv
\movie\movie3\subtitle\movie3.srt

Movie1 works perfect. But movie2 and movie3 movia. Can't load subtitle.
I need move files srt to same folder of mkv to works. But it's not confortable because I use NAS.

#3 Updated by Leonid Protasov almost 6 years ago

Tiago windcrusher wrote:

You can just point Movian to central subfolder and it will look there. That is already implemented in settings...

I tink you dont understand

I dont have only one folder with ali subtitles, sede my sample:

\movie\movie1\movie1.mkv
\movie\movie1\movie1.srt
\movie\movie2\movie2.mkv
\movie\movie2\subtitle\movie2.srt
\movie\movie3\movie3.mkv
\movie\movie3\subtitle\movie3.srt

Movie1 works perfect. But movie2 and movie3 movia. Can't load subtitle.
I need move files srt to same folder of mkv to works. But it's not confortable because I use NAS.

So you need a way to manually point Movian to subtitle folder while playing movieX, right?

#4 Updated by Tiago windcrusher almost 6 years ago

Leonid Protasov wrote:

Tiago windcrusher wrote:

You can just point Movian to central subfolder and it will look there. That is already implemented in settings...

I tink you dont understand

I dont have only one folder with ali subtitles, sede my sample:

\movie\movie1\movie1.mkv
\movie\movie1\movie1.srt
\movie\movie2\movie2.mkv
\movie\movie2\subtitle\movie2.srt
\movie\movie3\movie3.mkv
\movie\movie3\subtitle\movie3.srt

Movie1 works perfect. But movie2 and movie3 movia. Can't load subtitle.
I need move files srt to same folder of mkv to works. But it's not confortable because I use NAS.

So you need a way to manually point Movian to subtitle folder while playing movieX, right?

Change movian to search subtitle files on subfolder of movíeis folder. Or option into movie playing "select subtitle file".

In this moment i need change every time central subtitle folder for this movies.

Thnaks

#5 Updated by Andreas Smas almost 6 years ago

Tiago windcrusher wrote:

Leonid Protasov wrote:

Tiago windcrusher wrote:

You can just point Movian to central subfolder and it will look there. That is already implemented in settings...

I tink you dont understand

I dont have only one folder with ali subtitles, sede my sample:

\movie\movie1\movie1.mkv
\movie\movie1\movie1.srt
\movie\movie2\movie2.mkv
\movie\movie2\subtitle\movie2.srt
\movie\movie3\movie3.mkv
\movie\movie3\subtitle\movie3.srt

Movie1 works perfect. But movie2 and movie3 movia. Can't load subtitle.
I need move files srt to same folder of mkv to works. But it's not confortable because I use NAS.

So you need a way to manually point Movian to subtitle folder while playing movieX, right?

Change movian to search subtitle files on subfolder of movíeis folder. Or option into movie playing "select subtitle file".

In this moment i need change every time central subtitle folder for this movies.

Thnaks

Both options are viable i think. I'll think about it.

#6 Updated by Tiago windcrusher almost 6 years ago

Thanks very much!

I tink if you improve auto search subtitle into subfolders, is possible this operation be too slow if exists many. Subfolders\subforders\subforders.... I tink just one loop of subfolders is good!

#7 Updated by Leonid Protasov almost 6 years ago

  • Subject changed from Subtitle from subfolders to Add recursive search by filename in subfolders of the folder from which the movie is played

#8 Updated by Leonid Protasov about 3 years ago

  • Status changed from Need feedback to Accepted

Also available in: Atom PDF