Correctly respond to new UPnP devices on LAN
|Assignee:||Andreas Smas||% Done:|
|Category:||UPnP & DLNA|
|Found in version:||4.3||Platform:||Linux|
For example if you start Twonky Beam on the phone after ST is loaded - ST doesn't see the device in Settings->UPnP and in LAN app on homescreen. But if you have Twonky Beam on before starting ST - it detects it.
The same with DMS if new server is on before ST start - it finds it...
#2 Updated by Leonid Protasov over 7 years ago
- Tracker changed from Bug to Feature
Update on the issue. When Windows starts it after some time advertises it's UPnP shares so eventually ST gets the list. So looks like periodical check is not needed.
It's just good to force SSDP request if you enter LAN app on home screen so you don't need neighbours to advertise themself (speed up things).
#4 Updated by Andreas Smas over 7 years ago
- Tracker changed from Feature to Bug
- Subject changed from Refresh UPnP neighbours list when entering LAN app on homescreen to Correctly respond to new UPnP devices on LAN
- Status changed from New to Accepted
- Found in version set to 4.3
- Platform set to Linux
Refreshing will not help if you have items on the home page. UPNP should be able to detect new devices if they appear on the LAN. So this is more of a bug in Showtime