Video playback stops, when the file is in a folder with many other folders and files.
|Assignee:||Andreas Smas||% Done:|
|Found in version:||4.3.279||Platform:||PS3|
With the exact same file (mkv 720p), I obtain very different result on the playback:
- When the file is inside a folder full of other folder an files, the playback crashes every a few minutes (btw, very annoying situation)
- But moving this file to a different folder, with only a few other videos (8 in total), the playback works perfectly.
#2 Updated by Andreas Smas about 8 years ago
- Status changed from New to Need feedback
- Target version set to 4.4
I think the problem why that play stops is due to these lines:
00:00:22.119: SMB [DEBUG]:192.168.0.104:445 unexpected response pid=2 mid=404
I suspect that this is caused by the subtitle scanner doing its job in the folder.
What happens if you turn off all subtitle sources in settings -> subtitles?
#5 Updated by Joshua Britto about 8 years ago
- File showtime.log.20130905 added
I have been facing this problem for quite some while now and did not realize it until I saw this bug in the tracker.
I had reverted back to 4.3.257 as playing any video from the root of my external hard disk (which has 50 - 60 files and 10 folders) on a later version would cause showtime to crash.
Disabling the subtitles and playing any video from the root still crashes after a few seconds.
I have attached a log for the crash.