OS/X build

Added by Troed Sangberg almost 7 years ago

I couldn't see a pre built binary for OSX anywhere so I just tried out the OS/X support and build instructions on Mountain Lion and thought I might share my findings.

(I'm a PS3 Showtime user but am pondering writing a plugin and thought it easier to do if I have Showtime on my mac)

https://github.com/andoma/showtime

1) Cloned the Showtime repository with the GitHub app
2) Installed the latest Xcode
3) Installed Macports and pkg-config

./configure failed with libav complaining on yasm:

Configuring libav...
yasm not found, use --disable-yasm for a crippled build

So my step four was

4) Disabling yasm in configure.osx: LIBAV_ARCH_FLAGS="--disable-shared --enable-static --disable-yasm"
5) ./configure
6) make

After this I can start Showtime:

build.osx/Showtime.app/Contents/MacOS/showtime

("open build.osx/Showtime.app" only results in a black screen)

... and that's it. I haven't investigated how crippled libav is nor looked into the app loading issue since this is all I needed to start plugin development.

FWIW

Replies (3)

RE: OS/X build - Added by Andreas Smas almost 7 years ago

Troed Sangberg wrote:

I couldn't see a pre built binary for OSX anywhere so I just tried out the OS/X support and build instructions on Mountain Lion and thought I might share my findings.

(I'm a PS3 Showtime user but am pondering writing a plugin and thought it easier to do if I have Showtime on my mac)

https://github.com/andoma/showtime

1) Cloned the Showtime repository with the GitHub app
2) Installed the latest Xcode
3) Installed Macports and pkg-config

./configure failed with libav complaining on yasm:

[...]

So my step four was

4) Disabling yasm in configure.osx: LIBAV_ARCH_FLAGS="--disable-shared --enable-static --disable-yasm"
5) ./configure
6) make

After this I can start Showtime:

[...]

("open build.osx/Showtime.app" only results in a black screen)

... and that's it. I haven't investigated how crippled libav is nor looked into the app loading issue since this is all I needed to start plugin development.

FWIW

Crippled just means that it's a lot slower. But for plugin development it wont matter that much.

But I think yasm is available in brew.

RE: OS/X build - Added by Alexandre Zia over 6 years ago

I have yasm on mountain lion, just installed with macports
showtime works very well on osx

RE: OS/X build - Added by Andreas Smas over 6 years ago

If built without yasm libav will skip most of its x86 ASM optimizations so media decoding will be slower.

(1-3/3)