[Step by step] How to build linux on a new Ubuntu 11.04 VirtualBox VM

Added by andreus sebes over 9 years ago

Hi,

I tried to build showtime on a Linux Ububtu 11.04 VM and at first i didn't do it ... but, with some help from facanferff, i finally did it!

I started by reading the "How to build for Linux" in https://github.com/andoma/showtime/blob/master/README.markdown but i quickly discovered that the instructions are not 100% complete for this Ubuntu version.

So after installing and configuring a clean Ubuntu 11.04 Virtual Machine in Oracle VirtualBox i did the following:

1. Got to the Ubuntu terminal window
  2. Install showtime dependencies - 3 more than the tutorial says: libpulse-dev, libssl-dev and git
    This process takes some time, go drink a small beer or something!
    sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig1-dev libxext-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libasound2-dev libasound2-dev libgtk2.0-dev libxss-dev libxxf86vm-dev libxv-dev libcdio-cdda-dev libcddb2-dev libvdpau-dev yasm libpulse-dev libssl-dev git
  3. Get showtime latest version from git (another small beer!)
    git clone git://github.com/andoma/showtime showtime
  4. Entered showtime directory
    cd showtime
  5. Configured showtime (now a very large beer!)
    ./configure
  6. And them build the binary (another large beer...)
    make
  7. Ok, now showtime it's build, all you have to do is run it (but you should go to bed!)
    build.linux/showtime

I put it step by step so it can help others with the same problem. Hope it helps.

Replies (2)

RE: [Step by step] How to build linux on a new Ubuntu 11.04 VirtualBox VM - Added by Buksa Noob almost 9 years ago

find way
need To force the use of gallium llvmpipe software render:
LIBGL_ALWAYS_SOFTWARE=1 build.linux/showtime

(1-2/2)