[Step by step] How to build linux on a new Ubuntu 11.04 VirtualBox VM
I tried to build showtime on a Linux Ububtu 11.04 VM and at first i didn't do it ... but, with some help from facanferff, i finally did it!
I started by reading the "How to build for Linux" in https://github.com/andoma/showtime/blob/master/README.markdown but i quickly discovered that the instructions are not 100% complete for this Ubuntu version.
So after installing and configuring a clean Ubuntu 11.04 Virtual Machine in Oracle VirtualBox i did the following:
- Got to the Ubuntu terminal window
- Install showtime dependencies - 3 more than the tutorial says: libpulse-dev, libssl-dev and git
This process takes some time, go drink a small beer or something!
sudo apt-get install libfreetype6-dev libfontconfig1-dev libxext-dev libgl1-mesa-dev libasound2-dev libasound2-dev libgtk2.0-dev libxss-dev libxxf86vm-dev libxv-dev libcdio-cdda-dev libcddb2-dev libvdpau-dev yasm libpulse-dev libssl-dev git
- Get showtime latest version from git (another small beer!)
git clone git://github.com/andoma/showtime showtime
- Entered showtime directory
- Configured showtime (now a very large beer!)
- And them build the binary (another large beer...)
- Ok, now showtime it's build, all you have to do is run it (but you should go to bed!)
I put it step by step so it can help others with the same problem. Hope it helps.
RE: [Step by step] How to build linux on a new Ubuntu 11.04 VirtualBox VM - Added by Buksa Noob about 9 years ago
how i can fix this?
RE: [Step by step] How to build linux on a new Ubuntu 11.04 VirtualBox VM - Added by Buksa Noob almost 9 years ago
need To force the use of gallium llvmpipe software render: