Is possible use the ffmpeg external?

Added by David Va over 6 years ago

Hi, I am packing a rpm for movian, for Fedora Linux 21/22 libav isn't available; but ffmpeg is available in the official repositories. The question is: Is possible use the official ffmpeg?

Replies (6)

RE: Is possible use the ffmpeg external? - Added by Andreas Smas over 6 years ago

It's not possible as it stands right now. Is there a problem with using the built-in libav version?

RE: Is possible use the ffmpeg external? - Added by David Va over 6 years ago

No, works fine, only a way to take advantage of a rpm. But works fine (I made a rpm for Fedora), the unique problem found is I can't use my m3u playlist, also I can't see, control play, pause or stop, when plays videos, music. I did not know this wonderful software; and much lighter than Kodi, easy to compile. Kodi is a headache, I have failed to rebuild Kodi for next release of Fedora 22.

RE: Is possible use the ffmpeg external? - Added by Leonid Protasov over 6 years ago

David Va wrote:

No, works fine, only a way to take advantage of a rpm. But works fine (I made a rpm for Fedora), the unique problem found is I can't use my m3u playlist, also I can't see, control play, pause or stop, when plays videos, music. I did not know this wonderful software; and much lighter than Kodi, easy to compile. Kodi is a headache, I have failed to rebuild Kodi for next release of Fedora 22.

You can add M3U list to Online TV plugin. Just remember that Movian has no support for MMS, RTSP and UDP protocols. RTMP and HLS only :(

I think if the software is given to know; maybe other developers will join the project Movian and add support to mms, rtsp and udp.
My list includes some rtmp (taked of various iptv sites) :) , How to can I add a m3u list to Online TV plugin? I can't see a option to open file :(

RE: Is possible use the ffmpeg external? - Added by Leonid Protasov over 6 years ago

David Va wrote:

I think if the software is given to know; maybe other developers will join the project Movian and add support to mms, rtsp and udp.
My list includes some rtmp (taked of various iptv sites) :) , How to can I add a m3u list to Online TV plugin? I can't see a option to open file :(

Doesn't it say: 'You can add M3U & XML playlists via the page menu'? :)

mmm yes, but doesn't say what page menu :/ ; maybe a capture, or a wiki (step by step) will wonderful :)
haha Yes , maybe I am a fool; but I just have a few hours testing. Here my rpm... I do no include the source (src.rpm) My ISP is failing.

(1-6/6)