central subtitles folder path

Added by nikkpap (Nikos) over 6 years ago

Hi can someone guide me how to add a folder to the central subtitles folder path. The folders is on windows server 2012.... Etc smb://folder_path ???

Replies (4)

RE: central subtitles folder path - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) over 6 years ago

smb://COMPUTER_NAME/share$/

or

smb:\\COMPUTER_NAME\share$\

my actual path is

\\Cacofonix\d\Subtitles

i want to use it like a subtitle "bucket" when the service of opensubtitles doesn't or cant find a sub to manually add it to the \\Cacofonix\d\Subtitles.... is it possible like this

thanks

found it ....

for \\Cacofonix\d\Subtitles on my network

Cacofonix = is the name of the server
d = the hdd letter
Subtitles = the directory of subs

smb://Cacofonix/d$/Subtitles/ you have to put it on Setting->Subtitles->Central subtitles folder (see the attathed photo smb-settings)

Then for the movie or episode you want a sub you cant find or the opensubtitles.org site is down you have to play the movie first then login to your server via the pop up menu (only the first time) then press "stop > ok" from the remote control to bring up the logging and find something like the attached photo smb-exmple mine was the exact name Dexter_s01e01 this name is various from movie to movie so you have to check it first then download manually the sub you want put it in the folder you have in the settings above and give the exact name like my example Dexter-_s01e01 for dexter and what ever for yours ....

nice future nice software so many potentials... bravo one more time.

smb-exmple.jpg (22.5 KB)

smb-settings.jpg (31.1 KB)

you can also use the movian loggin http://192.168.1.2:42000/showtime/logfile/0 to view the file and find the exact name

00:00:59.016: Video [DEBUG]:Scanning for subs in smb://Cacofonix/d$/Subtitles/ for Vikings.S03E08.HDTV.x264-KILLERS
06:51:53.713: Video [DEBUG]:Scanning for subs in smb://Cacofonix/d$/Subtitles/ for better.call.saul.109.hdtv-lol

or what ever....

192.168.1.2 is your pi's ip

(1-4/4)