Copy files to PS3 via media server connection?

Added by Jimmy Dean almost 7 years ago

Right now I'm watching everything on my PS3 with Showtime after FTP'ing it to the hard drive. I've got my videos to show up in the "Local network" section of Showtime through a media server, but there doesn't seem to be a way to copy these files to the HDD. I don't like streaming HD content over my network and would prefer to be playing from a local copy if possible. I thought a workaround would be to copy it from the PS3's GUI, and then open it up in Showtime, but the PS3 does not support MKV files and does not show them. Is there another way to accomplish what I'm trying to do or is this possible somethign that could be added to Showtime in the future? Thank you.

Replies (2)

RE: Copy files to PS3 via media server connection? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 7 years ago

I agree this would be a useful feature.

There are some feature requests of this already, see #1929 and #1862

RE: Copy files to PS3 via media server connection? - Added by Jimmy Dean almost 7 years ago

File management would be great, but is file management over FTP outside the scope of this project? Either way, thank you for all the work you've done already.

(1-2/2)