Tvheadend is there a way to use it with showtime???

Added by pi user almost 7 years ago

Hello, i see a lot of time that showtime is a frontend for Tvheadend.
On the wiki we could see:
Live TV streaming from Tvheadend

But i could see nowhere how to configure it???
I have take look on the pluggin but nothing relative too.

I do not find any information about what is use for showtimeOS for the pi, so i am not sure i could install Tvheadend.
I could not found the password for the ssh. showtime does not seems to works?

Couls you explain me how to install and configure it on this os?

In fact showtime os is just great, so fast on the pi, it's the faster i even show on pi....

Replies (9)

RE: Tvheadend is there a way to use it with showtime??? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 7 years ago

Just type the URL to tvheadend

htsp://ip.address.to.tvheadend

in the search bar on the home page and you should be fine.

Then you can add it as a bookmark if you want to.

RE: Tvheadend is there a way to use it with showtime??? - Added by pi user almost 7 years ago

Thank's for your answer, and how could i install vheadend on the showtimeOs? I do not succed to loggin on it.

Root/showtime does not works.

RE: Tvheadend is there a way to use it with showtime??? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 7 years ago

pi user wrote:

Thank's for your answer, and how could i install vheadend on the showtimeOs? I do not succed to loggin on it.

Root/showtime does not works.

There is no way to install stuff in STOS right now. The system is read-only.

RE: Tvheadend is there a way to use it with showtime??? - Added by pi user almost 7 years ago

Thanks for your fast answer.

So if there is no way to install it on stos, is there a way to install showtime on a raspian?

Hello, is there any solution so? :)

Sorry, forgot to reply.

Unfortunately there are no pre-compiled binaries for Showtime on rasbian right now. So you would have to build it yourself to test.

If enough people want to try it out I could try to setup an official build for it.

THank's!

I could try to build it there is no proplem for that.

If others need it would be better to have a .deb but for the moment if you do not have enouth time i would try to compile it. ;)

I have got one question, does showtime include timer etc? Or it could just play tv from tvheaden and play rec?

Hello?
No answer?
I do not find if showtime could permit to timeshift and to program some timer with tvheadend? :)

RE: Tvheadend is there a way to use it with showtime??? - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) over 6 years ago

Can anyone make a small but quality guide... About movian and tvheaded

(1-9/9)