Hardware Accelerated Decoding - Amlogic S905

Added by Maxim Rosmanuk almost 4 years ago

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your app, I really like it!

However I've faced some issues with Hardware Accelerated Decoding option in the settings, I'm using TV box that runs on Android, Amlogic S905 / Mali-450MP, turning on Hardware Accelerated Decoding in settings makes video (of any quality) stutter hard. Without Hardware Accelerated Decoding it goes pretty smooth, however message that my cpu is too weak for this video decoding in the left corner of the screen frequently blinking.

Is there a way to disable this message about weak cpu or should I wait (maybe you need logs?) for a fix for Hardware Accelerated Decoding someday?

Best regards,

Replies (3)

RE: Hardware Accelerated Decoding - Amlogic S905 - Added by Anonymous over 3 years ago

Guy I know this is old but I had this question posted already instead of posting a newer post.

There is no way to turn off the message of the CPU warning because the software decoder just does not have enough raw power to play certain files.

Movian just does not work to well with Amlogic/Android at this time, so your best bet would be to use MxPlayer with the supplied Arm Codecs to transcode your videos, or buy an Nvidia Shield to not have to worry about it.

RE: Hardware Accelerated Decoding - Amlogic S905 - Added by Yossef Molchanov over 2 years ago

How to use mx player with movian?

RE: Hardware Accelerated Decoding - Amlogic S905 - Added by Anonymous over 2 years ago

Yossef Molchanov wrote:

How to use mx player with movian?

MX Player is it's own application: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mxtech.videoplayer.ad&hl=en

(1-3/3)