I like very much Movian!!!

Added by Paco Rabanne about 5 years ago

Hi to all.
I own a Zidoo X6 Pro, a powerful Android TV box.
I've installed few days ago latest Movian for Android (bleeding edge) and... I'm amazed!
Small, light, quick response, no frills, with original Zidoo IR remote I'm able to almost all.
I like a lot the possibility to change font size (even not perfectly, over a size no more increase).
The internal player has a very quick response, but on my HW there always some stuttering. Maybe internal player is not yet optimized for this HW.

I like very much if will be possible to configure one or more external players.
In my personal case I've bought MX player, so using it instead of internal is a simple solution or workaround.

May I be so lucky?
Or there is some hidden workaround?

Thanks in advance for any attention, and congratulation for your little masterpiece!

Replies (11)

RE: I like very much Movian!!! - Added by Andreas Smas about 5 years ago

Hi

I don't think I will ever add support for external players. The video playback is too much integrated in Movian.

But one question:

Did you turn on "Hardware Accelerated Decoding" in Settings -> Video Playback?

If not, that could be the reason for stuttering.

RE: I like very much Movian!!! - Added by Paco Rabanne about 5 years ago

Thank you very much, Andreas!

Ok, received. I thought that Movian was a modular application (like Kodi), but its lightness and speed may suggest that is more monolithic and so optimized.
Almost certainly I'm again wrong, but may the only way to add an external player is making an addon/plugin?

Anyway, yes, I've immediately enabled "Hardware Accelerated Decoding", but there is no visible effect.
I know that Zidoo has modified some part of Kodi to use X6 SoC (RK3368) capability, indeed they was forced to change name from Kodi to ZDMC.

If you want and give me instruction, I'd like to help you to improve Movian.
Let me know.

Thank you again!!!

Ok, let's see if we can figure out what goes wrong.

If you enter "settings:dev" in the search-bar on the home screen you will get to a settings-screen with a bunch of developer-related-settings.

At the bottom you have "Debug MediaCodec" -> Turn it on.

Then play a video and extract the logfile and attach/upload it here.

Easiest way to extract the log is to open a browser and visit "http://a.b.c.d:42000" (but replace a.b.c.d with the ip-address of your device). Then download the first logfile (the current).

You can read more about that on the logging wiki-page.

and btw, remember to turn off the mediacodec debug after you're done because it will log quite a lot of info.

Thanks!

Here it is.

Hope is enough, else I'm still at your service!

:)

P.S. I live in Italy, so maybe our timezone are very different.

movian-0.log (590 KB)

RE: I like very much Movian!!! - Added by Dewet Taljaardt about 5 years ago

Is there file/folder browsing support for Android in the latest version, if not can it please be added?

Rockchip RK3288/RK3368 Android media devices can use Libstagefright & Mediacodec Video hardware acceleration.
I can also help with debug logs to help with hardware acceleration for these devices.

Here are some Rockchip ffmpeg code

https://github.com/isle0118/firefly-vpu-linux
https://github.com/rockchip-linux/ffmpeg/tree/master
Libstagefright
https://github.com/HermanChen/Rockchip_4.2_release_libstagefright/tree/master/4.2_jb_release

RE: I like very much Movian!!! - Added by Anonymous about 5 years ago

I own a "4K" MXIII Android TV box and noticed stuttering, Enable Hardware Accelerated Decoding actually has the reverse effect in my case.

Should we just make a section for collected debug logs? Could it help you in any way?

Hi Andreas, no news for us "androidians"?
Was my log useful for you?

In the meantime I've upgraded version many times (every time a new release is shown on the top), but stuttering is still present.

I don't know if is useful or not, but for coincidental reasons, I've browsed my video files with a android file manager called "X-Plore File manager", that includes a media player, and the same files are played without stuttering.

Please, let me know if I can do something helpful.

No real news regarding the stuttering. The biggest problem is that I can't reproduce the issue myself (I only have two android devices though, Amazon Fire TV (gen1) and some kind of Samsung tablet (very bad)) Both seems to work ok for me.

Unfortunately i'm also a bit low on time but I will try to fix it.

Thanks, I know that someone gave you some advices to obtain a device to test.
I'm eager to know what do you think about RK devices!

Thanks again in advance.

P.S. I saw that also bleeding edge release are updated often (and I'm doing updates ASAP!). Which is the right place to know change history also for bleeding edge?;)

RE: I like very much Movian!!! - Added by Andrey Hohutkin over 4 years ago

Hi!

I adore Movian for PS3! It has amazing features and perfect performance.
Today I have two Android boxes: Beelink R89 and Minix Neo X8-H Plus.
Both stutter playing video. Even using hardware acceleration.

(1-11/11)