Which Wlan USB Dongle is recommend to working with Movian ?

Added by Johny Mahoney about 5 years ago

I'm thinking about to use a PI 2, but as i read some Dongles will don't work with Movian.
So which Dongle is working without any Problems or extra Driver install, with Movian ?


Replies (4)

RE: Which Wlan USB Dongle is recommend to working with Movian ? - Added by Leonid Protasov about 5 years ago

Johny Mahoney wrote:

I'm thinking about to use a PI 2, but as i read some Dongles will don't work with Movian.
So which Dongle is working without any Problems or extra Driver install, with Movian ?

WiFi is not recommended as it takes some CPU power on RPi and throughput is lower. But if you despite of that decided to use one, you can take a look at compatible adapters list http://elinux.org/RPi_USB_Wi-Fi_Adapters

The site is currently down but when it's up - see that all adapters that have notes, require drivers which are currently not included on MovianOS distribution.

RE: Which Wlan USB Dongle is recommend to working with Movian ? - Added by Johny Mahoney about 5 years ago

Thank you for Information, i know this list, but not every Wlan Dongle is working with every OS or Media Center.
I think as you written, the best is too use a Lan Cable to be universal.

Btw:
Has the Pi Edition the same Features as the one for PS3 and will the SD Card automaticly resized too full Size after first Startup like OpenElec Media Center it does or must i manually resize the SD Card after the Image was written with Win32 Image Writer.
One other question is, how can i acess movian via network to manually drop Files ?
It's a bit annoying, that there is no Guideline for Movian on Pi.

RE: Which Wlan USB Dongle is recommend to working with Movian ? - Added by Andreas Smas about 5 years ago

Johny Mahoney wrote:

Thank you for Information, i know this list, but not every Wlan Dongle is working with every OS or Media Center.
I think as you written, the best is too use a Lan Cable to be universal.

Btw:
Has the Pi Edition the same Features as the one for PS3

Pretty much yes.

and will the SD Card automaticly resized too full Size after first Startup like OpenElec Media Center it does or must i manually resize the SD Card after the Image was written with Win32 Image Writer.

Yes, it will auto-resize.

One other question is, how can i acess movian via network to manually drop Files ?

Go to settings ->network and enable FTP server.

It's a bit annoying, that there is no Guideline for Movian on Pi.

True, documentation is somewhat lacking. But feel free to help out on the Wiki

RE: Which Wlan USB Dongle is recommend to working with Movian ? - Added by Leonid Protasov about 5 years ago

Andreas Öman wrote:

True, documentation is somewhat lacking. But feel free to help out on the Wiki

I thought that FAQ section has it :) https://movian.tv/projects/movian/wiki/FAQ

(1-4/4)