About file deletion

Added by Anonymous over 6 years ago

Okay so I know there is a way to delete a file, but which key does it? I tried delete and F3 but no luck.
I stream from my home media server to my RPI, and I am not sure if I am allowed to delete from those folders.

Replies (4)

RE: About file deletion - Added by Leonid Protasov over 6 years ago

mr 9 wrote:

Okay so I know there is a way to delete a file, but which key does it? I tried delete and F3 but no luck.
I stream from my home media server to my RPI, and I am not sure if I am allowed to delete from those folders.

To delete the file you need to enable that feature in Settings first. After that it is available from item menu.

Calling item menu on RPi depends on TV brand you connected RPi to and remote control type.

Showtime on RPi so far was tested to be working with LG and Samsung TVs. For Samsungs you don't need any special key combos while for LG you will
https://showtimemediacenter.com/projects/showtime/wiki/Key_mappings

RE: About file deletion - Added by Andreas Smas over 6 years ago

If you play from dlna/upnp there is no way to delete files. I don't think the protocol supports it. But I'm not sure.

RE: About file deletion - Added by Leonid Protasov over 6 years ago

Andreas Öman wrote:

If you play from dlna/upnp there is no way to delete files. I don't think the protocol supports it. But I'm not sure.

DLNA is read only afaik.

RE: About file deletion - Added by Anonymous over 6 years ago

That helps, thanks for the replies guys!

(1-4/4)