How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI

Added by nikkpap (Nikos) almost 7 years ago

Hi i want to ask how can i Override CEC Logical address on rPI , for more TV support i have tested on latest LG and Samsung models and works great but on Philips Ambilight 2010 models and other with CEC support not at all... the issue is on b+ model too...

is it a file i can edit can someone guide me

Thanks in advance.

Replies (10)

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by Anonymous over 6 years ago

Does it work on that Phillips TV in OpenElec or XBMC?

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by Leonid Protasov over 6 years ago

mr 9 wrote:

Does it work on that Phillips TV in OpenElec or XBMC?

We had never seen any CEC log from Philips brand. If you are interested, please enter in the search box of showtime settings:dev and enable CEC log there. After that reboot Showtime so we see what TV sends to RPi and I beleive Philips support can be added.

PS: Also we need your log https://showtimemediacenter.com/projects/showtime/wiki/Logging

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) over 6 years ago

hi thanks for the replay i will get all the logs from the tvs i cant get it to work and i will report them to you asap... this weekend...

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) over 6 years ago

for the time i manage to collect cec logs from the below tv sets

on LG 42 6100 (Scarlet) can’t get the BACK KEY to work (works by pressing the combination of stop [] + pause || ) any other key working great (connection type symlink)

on PANASONIC not working at all (connection type Viera Link)

on PHILIPS PFL379603D not working at all (connection type easylink)

on SAMSUNG UE40C5000QW not working at all (connection type Anynet+)

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by Leonid Protasov over 6 years ago

Nikoalos Pap wrote:

for the time i manage to collect cec logs from the below tv sets

on LG 42 6100 (Scarlet) can’t get the BACK KEY to work (works by pressing the combination of stop [] + pause || ) any other key working great (connection type symlink)

on PANASONIC not working at all (connection type Viera Link)

on PHILIPS PFL379603D not working at all (connection type easylink)

on SAMSUNG UE40C5000QW not working at all (connection type Anynet+)

Well, with that old LG model you can do nothing. TV's firmware just doesn't pass return key code via HDMI CEC. That's why stop [] + pause || combo was implemented.

About Samsung and Philips - they should be definately implemented in Showtime.

Thanks for the reply they will be added in future releases??? Or I have to do something about it.... Thanks for your time

Nikolaos Pap wrote:

Thanks for the reply they will be added in future releases??? Or I have to do something about it.... Thanks for your time

Issue is filed https://showtimemediacenter.com/issues/2521

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by Anonymous over 6 years ago

Nikolaos Pap wrote:

Hi i want to ask how can i Override CEC Logical address on rPI , for more TV support i have tested on latest LG and Samsung models and works great but on Philips Ambilight 2010 models and other with CEC support not at all... the issue is on b+ model too...

is it a file i can edit can someone guide me

Thanks in advance.

Does the new option work in the latest testing build for CEC override work for you?

Hi mr 9 I can't see any changes in the very latest BE version on CEC submenu... Am I missing something???

RE: How to Override CEC Logical address on rPI - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) about 6 years ago

any news about the above tv's .... with openelec working great.... thanks

(1-10/10)