Time settings

Added by Aleksandr Faronov almost 7 years ago

Maybe good idea add time configuration to STOS.

Replies (12)

RE: Time settings - Added by Anonymous over 6 years ago

Without a RTC onboard I don't think it would keep the settings for long.

RE: Time settings - Added by Andreas Smas over 6 years ago

There are a few issues at play here

• One is that STOS should be configured with a default NTP server (such as pool.ntp.org)
  • Secondly there are some issues with the disk cache that will be instantaneously expired on startup if the clock goes backward. So if showtime start before the NTP time has been acquired the cache will be flushed. So that needs to be fixed to somehow. I've started to look into that but not yet figured out the best way to deal with it.

RE: Time settings - Added by Aleksandr Faronov about 6 years ago

On latest STOS i see you add timezones
but how i can use it , /etc mounted readonly

RE: Time settings - Added by Andreas Smas about 6 years ago

Right, latest version of Movian 4.99. (master branch) have a timezone setting in Settings -> Languages (not the best place to put it but it'll be there for now). Also you must enter the timezone manually like:

Europe/Stockholm

RE: Time settings - Added by Aleksandr Faronov about 6 years ago

As you know this version don't have EPG :) and i try to stay on last stable version 4.10
this version don't have such settings
i can change this manually on latest STOS ?

RE: Time settings - Added by Andreas Smas about 6 years ago

No, not as it is right now. Sorry

RE: Time settings - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) almost 6 years ago

Secondly there are some issues with the disk cache that will be instantaneously expired on startup if the clock goes backward. So if showtime start before the NTP time has been acquired the cache will be flushed. So that needs to be fixed to somehow. I've started to look into that but not yet figured out the best way to deal with it.

with more seconds at bootscreen until the ntp server is up and updated (with the +/- by the user setup correction Athens,Stockholm.. etc ) then the ui will up and all the others ... ????

RE: Time settings - Added by Andreas Smas almost 6 years ago

Yes, this is deliberate and could easily be changed I suppose.

In 4.99.471 I've changed so if the clock is not correct it will assume no items are expired in cache.

Please check if that helps

RE: Time settings - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) almost 6 years ago

Europe/Stockholm

change the / to - cause from the default keyboard you dont have the / on it so we have to plug physical usb keyboard to put / on the screen

and what about a full qwerty map OnScreen keyboard

You can press shift to find /

(1-12/12)