Overclock settings? [Solved]

Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

Is it possible to overclock right now in the current build, or can it be added in the future? The my Pi is hurting for this on some video. Maybe this is in the wrong spot? Do we have a place to put "feature" requests for RPi that I am missing?

Replies (5)

RE: Overclock settings? - Added by Leonid Protasov almost 7 years ago

mr 9 wrote:

Is it possible to overclock right now in the current build, or can it be added in the future? The my Pi is hurting for this on some video. Maybe this is in the wrong spot? Do we have a place to put "feature" requests for RPi that I am missing?

Just edit config.txt. Read FAQ how to do that. Use overclock settings from config.txt of openelec xbmc wiki etc. It will work.

RE: Overclock settings? - Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

Thanks that did work very well. I added my custom lines after the Showtime config and tested my settings with vcgencmd get_config arm_freq
It would still be nice if we could somehow have this as a feature you can tick settings for within the general options menu inside Showtime though like you would add within XBMC or through the Rpi-Config.

RE: Overclock settings? - Added by Leonid Protasov almost 7 years ago

mr 9 wrote:

Thanks that did work very well. I added my custom lines after the Showtime config and tested my settings with vcgencmd get_config arm_freq
It would still be nice if we could somehow have this as a feature you can tick settings for within the general options menu inside Showtime though like you would add within XBMC or through the Rpi-Config.

On my STOS vcgencmd get_config arm_freq gives me: arm_freq=0
What does it show on your overclocked system?

RE: Overclock settings? [Solved] - Added by Anonymous almost 7 years ago

/root$ vcgencmd get_config arm_freq
arm_freq=950

Iv'e been busy this week if you want my config settings I can post them.

RE: Overclock settings? [Solved] - Added by Aleksander Tolkachev almost 6 years ago

mr 9 wrote:

/root$ vcgencmd get_config arm_freq
arm_freq=950

Iv'e been busy this week if you want my config settings I can post them.

I have a pi2. System setup the following:

Note the BogoMIPS. What would change this I went to /boot/config.txt. What to write in here for the optimal operation of the system?

(1-5/5)