[Compile-STOS] How to add new apps & libs?

Added by Robert Nguyen over 4 years ago

Hi Movian fans,

First, I'd like to thank Andreas Smas for all these amazing works. I really love Movian, because it outperforms all others.
I'm a Java guy, so i'm not really familiar with all these cross compiling and C/make stuff, but i'm trying. I can build current source and it ran beautifully on my RPi.
Now I want to add RetroPie features into Movian, pisnes (https://github.com/RetroPie/pisnes) would be first. I know that it depends on libSDL-1.2, i can compile the standalone lib but i don't know how to integrate it (and pisnes) to current Movian source, so that I can make new image and push to my RPi.

Any guides/tips would be appreciate, thank you all in advanced.

Replies (2)

RE: [Compile-STOS] How to add new apps & libs? - Added by Andreas Smas over 4 years ago

I'm not sure adding stuff to STOS is the right way to go here.

In fact it's kinda hard to make STOS do anything except running Movian.

I think you would be better off using Raspian and run Movian on it instead.

RE: [Compile-STOS] How to add new apps & libs? - Added by Robert Nguyen over 4 years ago

Well, that's just pity, but i will not give up, will get back to it when i have more time, i like challenging :)
Oh, one more question, from source structure, my guess is, new libs will be put to /ext, and add setup function to "support/configure.inc", is that right?

(1-2/2)