UI of Movian is very nice.

Added by Dmitry Petrov almost 5 years ago

The author of this beautiful Movian is gonna change the UI interface as I read it somewhere here on the forum.

I am afraid it to become like many others including XBMC/Kodi. :)

It is the best UI around because it is very simple and in the same time quite sufficient and efficient.

Please leave it as it is and spend your free time for other nice functionalities and stability.

Personally I was starting my PS3 ONLY because of ShowTime on it.
The usage of my PS3 was 95% by Movian.

Now this very nice thing is running on RPI which means I am saving power becoming GREEN. :)
The fastest MediaCenter around!
Keep it simple please as it is. :)

Personally I would wish it to be standalone completely.
I mean running it on every system in it's personal folder not depending on something else.
If you do cache please try to keep it in home folder as well instead of partitioning disk especially not asking owner. :)

Many thanks for the app!

By the way, the most frequent mistake of the other MediaCenters is trying to divide Video, Music and Photo folders in different menus. This is very inconvenient when I am walking around my library! Why are they trying to organize myself? I want organize myself as I want but not the others because I organize some folders by cities or learning materials for example where I store photos, videos and music in the same folder even HTML and TXT files describing it and notes.
Imagine how annoying it to switch to different kind of the contents walking inside my library!
So please never do this ugliest mistake in your UI.

Cache, BTW, this is the only best thing I've ever met around other MediaCenters on Kodi. Yes, you have to create XML-file on Kodi but it is possible to give Kodi 800Mb of RAM exactly for caching feature which is VERY good for slow network and especially for torrents.
This is the feature to work on but not your UI for sure.

Replies (2)

RE: UI of Movian is very nice. - Added by Anonymous almost 5 years ago

+1

I think you are referring to the UI of the bleeding edge builds that will probably make up the look of 5.0?

In the Android forum I was touching on this issue because I do like the "old" look as well.

Hopefully we will get a Theme or some other option to have a classic look for the future, but it also can't hurt to make that into a request?

RE: UI of Movian is very nice. - Added by Dmitry Petrov almost 5 years ago

mr 9 wrote:

+1

I think you are referring to the UI of the bleeding edge builds that will probably make up the look of 5.0?

In the Android forum I was touching on this issue because I do like the "old" look as well.

Hopefully we will get a Theme or some other option to have a classic look for the future, but it also can't hurt to make that into a request?

1. I haven't learnt what kind of version I was running but I believe there were not many versions for RPI today.
I just took the image from the website.

2. Which request?

(1-2/2)