Compiling with ps3 controller support?

Added by czz 78 almost 5 years ago

I have compile latest movian for raspberry and is working fine.
I'm integrating movian to retropie for one of my gameplayer friends :)
Is there a way to compile movian with ps3 controller support for the raspberry?
I have try to find something in docs or in code but i don't see anything.

Replies (6)

RE: Compiling with ps3 controller support? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 5 years ago

Interesting :-)

I assume your kernel is detecting the ps3 controller and it works in other apps on the rpi?

If so I think you need to dig around in src/ipc/devevent.c because that's where Movian gets the input events directly form the linux kernel.

RE: Compiling with ps3 controller support? - Added by czz 78 almost 5 years ago

Ok, thank you. I'm mapping keys in that file and it works.
I will finish the job, testing a little and give you the file with keymaps for ps3 controller.

RE: Compiling with ps3 controller support? - Added by Anonymous almost 5 years ago

PS3 input through Bluetooth dongle or wired?

RE: Compiling with ps3 controller support? - Added by Robert Nguyen over 4 years ago

This is interesting, i also want to combine RetroPie and Movian, but i guess i chose the hard road, bringing RetroPie to Movian, cause i like speed of Movian more. Anyway, it'd be great if you can publish your work :)

RE: Compiling with ps3 controller support? - Added by czz 78 over 4 years ago

Sorry but i don't have anymore that rapsberry, i gived it to my game player friend.
But if i have time i will publish my work.
What i did is installing Raspbian ( very tiny version ) without X11,
compile Retropie to Rasbian Jessie (it goes to FrameBuffer),
Develop a button in emulationstation to start movian.bundle,
Compile latest Movian.

I'm having 2 users other then pi:
1) retropie
2) movian

I did this for my friend because when he connects in ftp, or samba shares he will find only folders related to retropie in retropie user,
and persistent files of movian in movian user, so he doesn't mistake or get confused.

To switch from emulationstation to movian, the script calls an init script that turnoff emulationstation and turnon movian.bundle. Commands are like su - movian -c 'CMD' (CMD is the command you need to launch) something like:
./build.rpi/movian.bundle --cache /home/movian/build.rpi/cache --persistent /home/movian/build.rpi/persistent/ -p /home/movian/build.rpi/plugin &

Same thing for the other way.

For returning the to emulationstation there are 3 ways:
1) implementing movian with a button
2) Catch some how the close button in movian
3) Develop a small script to see if the pid launched is still processing, if not relaunch Emulationstation

I did the third because i upgrade movian a lot.

There is a downside: you can't upgrade movian throw gui because upgrade is intended for squashfs (or at least that is what i understanded).

There mite be better ways to do it, but friend is happy with it.
This is on Raspberry 2 with 1gb of ram, movian goes very very smooth (takes very little resources) and Retropie can play smooth with ps games like gta.

I remember i did most of the work setting up emulators in retropie than other stuff in this project, that toke me a lot with testing games :)

RE: Compiling with ps3 controller support? - Added by Rob Koni over 4 years ago

czz 78 wrote:

Sorry but i don't have anymore that rapsberry, i gived it to my game player friend.
But if i have time i will publish my work.
What i did is installing Raspbian ( very tiny version ) without X11,
compile Retropie to Rasbian Jessie (it goes to FrameBuffer),
Develop a button in emulationstation to start movian.bundle,
Compile latest Movian.

I'm having 2 users other then pi:
1) retropie
2) movian

I did this for my friend because when he connects in ftp, or samba shares he will find only folders related to retropie in retropie user,
and persistent files of movian in movian user, so he doesn't mistake or get confused.

To switch from emulationstation to movian, the script calls an init script that turnoff emulationstation and turnon movian.bundle. Commands are like su - movian -c 'CMD' (CMD is the command you need to launch) something like:
./build.rpi/movian.bundle --cache /home/movian/build.rpi/cache --persistent /home/movian/build.rpi/persistent/ -p /home/movian/build.rpi/plugin &

Same thing for the other way.

For returning the to emulationstation there are 3 ways:
1) implementing movian with a button
2) Catch some how the close button in movian
3) Develop a small script to see if the pid launched is still processing, if not relaunch Emulationstation

I did the third because i upgrade movian a lot.

There is a downside: you can't upgrade movian throw gui because upgrade is intended for squashfs (or at least that is what i understanded).

There mite be better ways to do it, but friend is happy with it.
This is on Raspberry 2 with 1gb of ram, movian goes very very smooth (takes very little resources) and Retropie can play smooth with ps games like gta.

I remember i did most of the work setting up emulators in retropie than other stuff in this project, that toke me a lot with testing games :)

Very interesting, would be more than happy to have this :)

(1-6/6)