Lost the usb ability....

Added by nikkpap (Nikos) about 5 years ago

usb flash drive is lost on the latest version on rpi b rpi b+ rpi 2

Replies (8)

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) about 5 years ago

still on latest be not working

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by Anonymous about 5 years ago

Silly question but can you see it enabled in settings?

Which version? Bleeding edge?

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by nikkpap (Nikos) about 5 years ago

mr 9 i don't thing its a silly question at all .... and really i don't want to offend you but in my country they say "the questions are not silly only the answers they are" :)

so again ... : on the latest BE (always i use and mention on my "silly questions" the BE) i cant find any relevant setting for usb on settings .... so is this a bug or not?

will the function of usb support work again or not...?

thanks

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by Anonymous about 5 years ago

I don't use my RPI anymore for showtime, but I am using an Android TV box with bleeding edge builds.

I have attached some screenshots of what menu I have when I plug in a USB device (FAT32) and where I have to navigate to.

I also have two lines of code you could try inside your config.txt to see if you are not getting enough power for your USB Port:

RPI B/B+ Older
safe_mode_gpio=4
RPI2
max_usb_current=1

Also before I used bleeding edge my USB would need to be bookmarked to my Main Menu in order to easily access it under the list view.

It also used to show up under DISCOVERED MEDIA SOURCES.

Hope this helps.

2.jpg - Storage Menu (4.14 MB)

1.jpg - Main Menu (3.71 MB)

3.jpg - Storage Menu to USB device (4.46 MB)

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by Gabe Smith about 5 years ago

I cant see usb drive either on Raspberry Pi Zero. I have 2A certified PSU. I use a hub too( I've tried without a hub, it' the same behaviour). Tried fat32, ext4 formatted usb drive.
I've ran "mount" command to see mounted partitions the usb drive isn't there. I thought it wasn't mounted, but didn't find it in /dev either? Where should I find the usb drive in /dev ? Dmesg showed it recognized the drive.
There is this error in movian log:
"Automount [ERROR]:Unable to scan /stos/media -- No such file or directory"

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by Andreas Smas about 5 years ago

Hi, sorry for no response here.

It works good for me though, so it's not some kind of total breakage.

I've added more debug in the 4.99.816 version, perhaps it can shed more light on the problem.

The "Automount [ERROR]:Unable to scan /stos/media -- No such file or directory" line in itself is not a problem (it's even expected when Movian starts, but i've fixed that so it won't log like that)

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by Gabe Smith about 5 years ago

@Nikos
What was the last working version?
Also, could you provide some feedback here:
https://movian.tv/issues/3052

RE: Lost the usb ability.... - Added by Terb Terbich about 5 years ago

Same problem on my old Raspberry model B. Tried 3 different USB sticks - no luck :(

(1-8/8)