Random Crashes

Added by Anonymous about 5 years ago

I remember on my RPI B+ model I could watch a video without any restarts. I have noticed that everytime I go to a random video on my RPI2 it restarts Movian. Always random, even with a fresh reinstall.
Any ideas or suggestions?

Replies (3)

RE: Random Crashes - Added by Anonymous almost 5 years ago

update

I think the issue is still present and it may be related to my NAS box and how it streams content.

It does not seem to occur on the latest build of Movian on my Android TV box, but browsing music folders will occasionally crash it on Android as well.

RE: Random Crashes - Added by Andreas Smas almost 5 years ago

I can't really say anything without logfiles... as usual see logging for how to get them.

RE: Random Crashes - Added by Anonymous over 4 years ago

Sorry it took me a while to get these logs I have been a bit busy. My issue still happens occasionally when playing music.

I notice that some video files stream okay but others stutter and don't sync up correctly.

When a music playlist finishes playing a particular music file it exits (crashes) out of Movian.

I'm on Android now and tick and untick Hardware accelerated decoding in settings. Seems turning it on makes playback of these files worse!

Per-file volume adjustment does nothing now.

Do you think there is a way to adjust it so that playback is smooth? My only comparison is that I can take the same stream from my NAS in ESfile using WebDav explorer and playback with it's player works very smooth.

movian-0.log - Before Playback (3.74 KB)

movian-1.log - After Crash (28.7 KB)

(1-3/3)