Old look and feel

Added by Weis Miklos over 4 years ago

How can i get back, the old screen?
After i fresh the new Movian 5.0.7. from 4.99. on PS3, i get the new, black screen, with big icons, and big font size.
(Or it was 4.10.38? I do not remember.)
I have only HD TV
How can i get back the old, blue screen, the smaller icons, and more lines, on my screen?

UPDATE:
I go back the 4.10.38, and everything working fine **
[https://movian.tv/builds/movian/build/17339] or
[https://movian.tv/builds/movian/build/17565]

Replies (11)

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Rob Koni over 4 years ago

On the Linux version you can start it with:

build.linux/movian --skin glwskins/default
the new one is called
build.linux/movian --skin glwskins/flat

On the PS3 we don't know yet.

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Darrin Cole about 4 years ago

Hey Just wondering if there is a way to keep the old look and feel on the ps3 version. I am very comfortable with the way it looks on the 4.10.38 build but would like the improvements of the latest version without the visual changes. Also is there anyway to get back the movie/episode synopsis that use to come up at the side when you highlighted a file. Thanks for any assistance.

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Rob Koni about 4 years ago

Good question, ask Andreas Smas how we can enable it. On the Linux versions it is possible. On PS3 not yet. Keep in mind that some improvements also come with the new user interface which do not (completely) work with the old. For example I can imagine that the new Movian Remote Control does not work with the old skin. Also I gave some bug reports about the new interface which Andreas fixed. Version 5 contains already over 100 revisions.

Plus the latest 5.0x bleeding edge builds solve a couple of nasty crashes so that's why I have decided to get used to the 5.0x skin, however I do prefer the 4.x one as it looks better on smaller screens (font and scaling).

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Soul Finger about 4 years ago

The New look is sucks! That's it. If you can do better, we will stay greteful :)

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Andreas Smas about 4 years ago

Soul Finger wrote:

The New look is sucks! That's it. If you can do better, we will stay greteful :)

You can always ask for your money back.

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Soul Finger about 4 years ago

Money? money is our hand's dirt. Your old look is much much better than this new look. make a servey about this :)

don't lose or delete old features If you making a new look. sorry but i'm very happy with 4.10

Soul Finger wrote:

Money? money is our hand's dirt. Your old look is much much better than this new look. make a servey about this :)

don't lose or delete old features If you making a new look. sorry but i'm very happy with 4.10

If it is just possible to switch skins on PS3 / Android / Chrome like it is on Linux then we are all happy.

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Andreas Smas about 4 years ago

Rob Koni wrote:

Soul Finger wrote:

Good, then just continue to use it and turn off upgrades! :)

If it is just possible to switch skins on PS3 / Android / Chrome like it is on Linux then we are all happy.

It's up for grabs, anyone who's willing to maintain the old UI can do so.

Andreas Smas wrote:

Rob Koni wrote:

Soul Finger wrote:

Good, then just continue to use it and turn off upgrades! :)

It's up for grabs, anyone who's willing to maintain the old UI can do so.

It isn't. We cannot switch to it easily without coding. Therefore I cannot report what is working and what is not.
I have to do a recompile of the PS3 version. In Linux you can switch more easily.

RE: Old look and feel - Added by Alex Camron about 4 years ago

I like the old look better as well since it is easier to navigate if using a TV and works better for plugins like HDSerialz as in Movian there are only 20 movies, while in the older version there were over 100. Also I think some plugins are missing in the new Movian interference like ororo.tv & oll.tv? Does anyone know if those old plugins will be reintroduced in the new Movian? For the big icons, I wish there would be an option to change them to a list of text like in the old interference. I feel like the old interference was better for TV and ps3, while the new one is probably better for touchscreens. However, if I try to install the old versions of showtime, they do not install as the version # in multiman stays the same. Another problem is that when I launch the old version, I can't access any plugins as they disappear & I can't install them as they do not show up... Anyone know a way to install the latest old version of Movian just before the interference change as installing the pkg, even if reinstalling multiman, does not seem to work as the showtime version does not change and the plugins do not show up. Only by loading the .self version can I use the older version of showtime/movian....

RE: Old look and feel - Added by rosa bella over 2 years ago

This topic is so much helpful topic.Thanks admin to giving this topic.And also thanks other users [[https://www.hotmailsigninguide.com]]

(1-11/11)