OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.22 ]

Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Hi

I started the plugin last night as a joke amongst friends, it end up a full working Manga Reader.
Hope some on else likes this.

As always feedback and suggestions are welcome.

NP

Update version 0.22

ChangeLog:
  • Minor fix in chapter indexing
ChangeLog:
  • Minor fix
  • Change plugin logo thanks to Girish Patel
  • Added Bookmarks
  • Added Search Support (search can be a bit slow, so give it a minute)
  • Fix small problem with links

omgmanga.zip - OMG Manga version 0.1 (8.09 KB)

omgmanga.zip - OMG Plugin version 0.21 (53.1 KB)

omgmanga.zip - OMG Plugin version 0.22 (53.2 KB)

Replies (24)

RE: OMG Manga Plugin - Added by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

Cool thing! I never even thought Showtime could be used this way.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin - Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Thanks, the funny thing is initially i did this for a friend of mine that wanted to read naruto using his big screen TV.
But this ability is all on u and a great and versatile coding.
Cheers

RE: OMG Manga Plugin - Added by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

Is it OK to merge this into the official plugin repo?

RE: OMG Manga Plugin - Added by Ajith Thampi about 9 years ago

Is this merged into Showtime yet? Love to see some interesting plugins.

You can add this plugin directly for Showtime, just go to available plugins and select install.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin - Added by isaac sagan about 9 years ago

Superb idea, but.... any idea why it crashes so often and does not allow me to open any manga??? Hope an update. (spanish ps3) thanks.

issac thanks for the heads up I had no idea of the problem.
It's fix in version 0.2 and I add some new stuff, hope u like it.

ChangeLog: * 0.2 * Added Bookmarks * Added Search Support (search can be a bit slow, so give it a minute) * Fix small problem with links

omgmanga.zip - OMG Plugin version 0.2 (17.6 KB)

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.2 ] - Added by isaac sagan about 9 years ago

First of all: THANK YOU, the problem is fixed, works like a charm. A little inconvenience: the plugin was in a folder making it unrecogniseable for showtime, wich is not a problem for me, but for some people who... well, you know.

Second: thanks again and if I were you I would try to make some publicity (I think that is the word) in psx-scene and so on, I will try to do that, but I have very little time and my wife is a pain in the...

Third: I would like to know what do I have to do for include manga translated into Spanish in the ¿bookmark? or list or chart or whatever it name is.

Great job, do not bother in answer if you are working in more important things.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.2 ] - Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Hi issac

I didn't understand the question about the bookmarks.

Bookmarks basically saves the link for the manga.

As for 'manga translated into Spanish' I don't know of any examples in OMG Manga. But give me an example of what u were thinking.

Good eye for the zip problem, thanks for the warning and the support.
You mention publicity and psx-scene, I do this just for fun not for fame or publicity, but thanks anyway.

You cannot understand my question because it has no sense. My intention is to upload manga in Spanish so the Spanish comunity can read it via your plugin, I have noticed now that is something that has nothing to do with your codering skills. Example: bleach or naruto in spanish, readable via OMG. Thanks anyway.

I do for fun too, nice thinking.

If you need some translation into spanish let me know.

Thank you.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.2 ] - Added by Girish Patel about 9 years ago

What do you think to my OMG Manga icon?

Nice icon... ¿is it posible to put a gif instead a fix image? ¿is there any posiblity to put video instead Manga, I mean video from yonkis.com (with a nice collection of anime) for example? ¿how could I access to the links to add manga from other servers?

All right, I,ve tried dragon ball, death note, akira,(ghost in the shell does not appear, not even in its japanese name :..() and some of the more important manga and none of them works, with the exception of saint saiya. I think that barely 50% of the links are correct.

It would be a good idea to put some kind of virtual keyboard or pad-mapper so the imagen data do not pass so fast when reading full screen. I have assigned f3 of my usb keyboard to stop the automatic viewer and f12 to restart it, but it would be a better experience doing that with the ps3 pad. I expect to explain myself.

Thanks a lot.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.21 ] - Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

issac thanks again for the warning. The problem was the fact that the Manga has no chapters uploaded yet and I didn't take to account this situation.
Version 0.21 (present in the first post) warns the user off this problem.

The problem off the images passing to fast it's out of the control of the plugin API u have to talk to andoma.

As for other source for manga and video at the moment the only one supported is omgmanga.com if u have some good sources I'm always open to suggestions.
In the meanwhile u should take a look at animeseed plugin made by facanferff [[https://github.com/facanferff/showtime-plugin-animeseed]]

Girish Patel Thanks for the logo, good work!

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.21 ] - Added by isaac sagan about 9 years ago

Well, I'll try to talk to Andoma about that issue.

I've seen your new version, it is fine, but I'd change the order list from newer (last mangas) to older, like many video and manga sites. That is really a problem when you try to start a large Manga, for example, one called "one piece" and you find out it has 600 (not jocking) episodes so you have to wait for the very first episode to appear in the list but may be it is just me being subjective.BTW, the animeseed does not work at all, it crashes 100% of the times and I have to do a hard reset for the ps3, and it is not only the classic error of zipping the folder, but some codering error, sure.

Thanks again, and as I,ve said before, great job.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.21 ] - Added by isaac sagan about 9 years ago

NP ... wrote:

issac thanks again for the warning. The problem was the fact that the Manga has no chapters uploaded yet and I didn't take to account this situation.
Version 0.21 (present in the first post) warns the user off this problem.

The problem off the images passing to fast it's out of the control of the plugin API u have to talk to andoma.

As for other source for manga and video at the moment the only one supported is omgmanga.com if u have some good sources I'm always open to suggestions.
In the meanwhile u should take a look at animeseed plugin made by facanferff [[https://github.com/facanferff/showtime-plugin-animeseed]]

Girish Patel Thanks for the logo, good work!

EDIT: not hard reset, but with PS3 ps button, have to wait a long time for the XMB to respond though.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.22 ] - Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Hi issac

Once again u were right about the indexing problem.
Version 0.22 available in the first post should fix it.

The animeseed plugin is facanferff project I tested awhile ago and it worked. Now I don't really know sorry.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.22 ] - Added by isaac sagan about 9 years ago

Well, thank you, what I have appreciated is that the list of chapters appears really fast, in a second or so, so there is no need of changing the order of the chapters from older to newer. It is perfect for me, I cannot ask for more. If it is not a too personal question I would like to know wich kind of studies do you need for codering at your level (autodidact or it is neccesary going to college/university) thank you very much.

BTW, animeseed works now, I had to have my PS3 connected directly to my PC not to my router, as I have to when I want to play online via KAI/XBSLINK, works fine, thank you.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.22 ] - Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Hi issac

I have some background in the area but I don't really think that's necessary, it helps. But if u want to learn I don't see why not.

I don't consider my plugin's a very good example, at this stage a take a "brute force" like approach which is not very good but if I stop to much to plan and design them it starts to feel too much as work and less like fun.

If u are getting started u can choose one of the many books, full of examples etc..
Or just try to do something u think is useful and in the end u would use as a plugin for showtime. I would star with something simple and easy like retrieving a video file link for a website and get showtime to play the video.
The showtime plugin API is fairly easy, the most important thing in the begin is to have a good developing environment in showtime case u need to have a linux installation or a linux VM with showtime to start. U could inject the code directly to the PS3 showtime dir but this is a really slow method.

Hope this helps

Well, thank you, right now I am getting familiarised with C++ and linux, but there are so many fields and so HUGE, that it is difficult to see the light at the end of the tunnel (in case that the light exists). The direct imput of code in showtime seems to slow a method to follow it, so step by step as you said, but what I wanted to know mainly is the background you have, cause, it seems almost imposible to me to follow a 500 hundred pages manual/tutorial just for doing plugins, my time is limited and i would have to convert that knowledge in a proffesion. I am quite old for this (25) and I'm not even sure if I could have an acceptable programming level before I die XD. Well this is becoming the absolute off-topic, I,ll try to follow your last piece of advice.

PD: quoting "but if I stop to much to plan and design them it starts to feel too much as work and less like fun." That is what I am more worried about, I used to be and editor of a homebrew page and finally had to quit for lack of time. I expect this to be less demanding.

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.22 ] - Added by Pep Heinz almost 9 years ago

with this plugin its possible to view comics (cbz, cbr) in the internal or external disk?

RE: OMG Manga Plugin [ Version 0.22 ] - Added by NP ... almost 9 years ago

This plugin can't help at least at this moment.
however cbz and cbr are basically zip a rar files and does are supported in showtime , so you may what to submit a feature request.
Or just try changing the file type, or decompressing so you can view them in showtime.

(1-24/24)