Trailers Plugin [ Version 0.25 ]

Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

The main goal of this plugin is to provide links for movie trailer, teasers and other promo stuff made available by the studios.
Movie information is retrieved for IMdb or TMdb.

This Plugin uses several websites as sources for trailers links.
The supported websites are:

davestrailerpage.co.uk
hd-trailers.net
imdb.com
trailer-welt.de (German)

The imdb support, gives access to more them the usual Trailers.
Trailer origins include: Apple Trailers, Yahoo Movies and numerous studio sources,be sure to visit them as they host the trailers, this plugin merely provide easy to view direct links.

NP

PS: The code is a little beat messy, I hope to correct this I future version

PSS: Added the suggested fix, Required version now is 3.1.188
This means that it should work out of the box with version 3.1.188

Update, version 0.25

Change Log:

Added IMDb Scrapper and video gallery support
Added HD trailers and Dave Trailers
Upgrade bookmark system

Fix apple trailers problem
IMDb and TMDb improvements

Full Trailer-Welt.de Support

Added Trailer-Welt.de feed Support

code clean up

Major rewrite
Added TMDb Showtime Key
Added Search Support
Added Bookmarks

trailers.zip - Trailers Plugin version 0.1 (45 KB)

trailers.zip - Trailers Plugin version 0.11 (45.1 KB)

trailers.zip - Trailers Plugins version 0.2 (46.2 KB)

trailers.zip - Trailers Plugins version 0.22 (46.6 KB)

trailers.zip - Trailers Plugins version 0.23 (46.9 KB)

trailers.zip - Trailers Plugins version 0.25 (53.1 KB)

Replies (10)

RE: Trailers Plugin - Added by Michael Lob almost 9 years ago

Hi NP,

the Plugin doesnt work with the current version and 3.2 (i think) of Showtime. It is possible to update the Plugin and implement into Repo?

RE: Trailers Plugin [ Version 0.2 ] - Added by NP ... almost 9 years ago

Hi Michael

Version 0.2 of the plugin should fix all the problems.
As for the repo that doesn't depend on me.
But you can install it manually.

RE: Trailers Plugin [ Version 0.2 ] - Added by Michael Lob almost 9 years ago

Hi NP

I try your Version 0.2 with the latest version of Showtime and I found 2 errors.

1. Error: If you try to view an Apple Trailer like "This Means War" it displays in the Mainbar the Name of the MOV-Filename (thismeanswar-trl1_h480p.mov) of the Trailer and the list where you can select the Trailers it displays information. This also happens on same Trailers from the alphabetical list

2. Error: Some movies (i tried only a few) of the Alphabetical list are not working correctly like Abduction. It doesnt displays the movie informations and the buttons for the trailer are empty. And after 5 seconds of selecting the movie my PS3 is freezed

Hi Michael

I didn't understand the first problem can u be more clear please.

In the Trailer plugin the first view shows the last Trailers/Teaser/Clips added. Any other view will should display the name of the movie and when selected the movie this will display the movie imdb or TMDb information and the available clips.
Some cases there is no imdb or TMDb info so u will have something like "name of the movie"-"clips title".

I can't reproduce the second problem. At the moment I don't have access to my ps3 but I tested in my laptop the Abduction movie. The movie information and the two trailer buttons were display correctly. Can u give me more details? I tested this using Showtime 3.3.84.gcbc49 with Trailers plugin 0.2.

Hi NP,

here are some pictures for better understanding.

Error 1: So Picture 1 is when I select a movie from the first view with the last Trailers/Teaser/Clips. In my Example it was the Movie "The Look" but it happens on all Movies on the first view. Picture 2 is the Debug code.

Error 2: And Picture 3 is when is select the Movie Abduction. As you can see the movie information are displayed but the buttons has no names and my TV after 5 sec. is getting dark but the green light of my PS3 is there. So i think my PS3 is friezed.

Sorry the Pictures are not very sharp but i hope you can use them.
I use Version 3.3.149.gcff6b.dirty

IMAG0018.jpg - Picture 1 (142 KB)

IMAG0019.jpg - Picture 2 (178 KB)

IMAG0020.jpg - Picture 3 (94.4 KB)

Hi Micheal

The problem is with the PS3 version of Showtime.
Thanks for the warning and sorry for the wait.

Hi NP,

thanks for your information about the problem of your plugin. Hope Andreas close the bug soon.

I try to change your plugin to view trailers from a german site www.trailer-welt.de. My coding abilities are not very good, so i hope you can help me. I hope its ok that I change your plugin-code. If you want you can include the German Site in your plugin.

filme.zip - Only for Developers (49.5 KB)

Hi Michael

I just uploaded a new version of trailers plugin that has support for trailer-welt.de rss feed.
If u want I can help u to write a plugin that fully supports the rest of the site.

To view the trailer welt rss feed go to the plugin options and turn on the "Trailer Welt" option.

Thanks, your great :-)

It would be great if its possible to fully supports the rest of the site. The site is not very big, they only got a Movielist sorted alphabetically. So I think and hope its quiet easy for you to implement the Movielist. Here's a link: http://www.trailer-welt.de/Filme-mit-A/

Version 0.23 fully supports Trailer-Wellt.

I thought the idea was for you to improve or "coding" skills, next time it's or turn to do the code ;)

Cheers

(1-10/10)