Revision3 Plugin [ Version 0.53 ]

Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Hi

First of all congratulations for the great job U have done with Showtime.

This is my first try to create a plugin for showtime i hope you like it, any feedback is welcome.
It's a primitive version based only on feeds in future version should be included support for older episodes.
The code may have bugs never play it javascript before, but almost all of the code is based on ur plugins so i hope it's ok.
As soon as i am finish with my exams i will try to improve the plugin an maybe try to do some new ones.

hope everyone likes my 5 cents

sincerely
NP

revision3_source_by_NP.tar.gz - Plugin source code (955 KB)

showtime.3.1git.revision3.pkg - Showntime including revision3 plugin for the PS3 (5.11 MB)

revision3.zip - Version 0.53 (43.7 KB)

Replies (16)

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

NP ... wrote:

Hi

First of all congratulations for the great job U have done with Showtime.

This is my first try to create a plugin for showtime i hope you like it, any feedback is welcome.
It's a primitive version based only on feeds in future version should be included support for older episodes.
The code may have bugs never play it javascript before, but almost all of the code is based on ur plugins so i hope it's ok.
As soon as i am finish with my exams i will try to improve the plugin an maybe try to do some new ones.

hope everyone likes my 5 cents

Looks good. Please avoid uppercases in the URLs "Revision3:" should be "revision3:"

The plugin is quite big 1Meg. Are the png's not available on the internet? I think that's better than shipping them inside the plugin.

A different question. Anything you think is weird with the plugin API that needs changes? (Except that there is no documentation)

I've started to think about making the plugins available on the internet instead of bundling them insite the binary.

sincerely
NP

ps:Found a bug in channel "Dan30" it seems HttpGet doesn't play well with url containing numbers, can anyone else confirm this?

A problem with HTTP client not understanding relative redirect locations. Fixed in 6212624e

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by NP ... about 9 years ago

Hi

Sorry for the wait.

Here is a new version of Revision3 plugin. Added support for all episodes and archives shows, now it should have access to all that revision3 has to offer.

I have been playing quite a lot with showtime and have been enjoy a lot. Didn't find anything to weird with the plugin api. But I think I found some bugs in the api in match and replace, match returns only the first solution and not an array. Replace doesn't support Regular expressions,
Here is an example:

var test = "Match is nice because it should detect because and bee and before \n And all things between be and e and return a array with all the be*e matches"
+ "\n beaaaaaaae \n next be------e \n next Be12344554645654e \n next be all u can e";
showtime.trace(test);
showtime.trace(test.match('be.*e').join('\n').toString());
showtime.trace(test.replace('be.*e','GOOL!'));

Didn't investigate the source of this problem so I don't know if spidermonkey needs an update or is it the link between spidermonkey and showtime.

In the forum u post somewhere u here working in a"new implementation of Showtime's metadata cache", I have been play with imdb api and tmdb api, with some good results, but this "news implementation" has a big potential, I just what to ask u to considered the same structure of metadata for "directory" and "video", an maybe and a trailer var.

Other thing that caught my attention in the forum was this explanation of the buffer system
HTTP client <--(a)--> Format demultiplex (mkv, mov, ...) <--(b)--> Video/Audio/Subtitle codecs
Right now the buffering sits at location (b)

In my opinion u need both buffers "a" an "b" each on has a different objective. The missing one as u explain is the "a" buffer, what I wanted to add is that I think u should see "a" as more than a buffer with should bee similar to a "download manager" to permit the user to start buffering/downloading something while the user sees something else or queue multiple files. This applies not only for remote files but to local files to as u can be using wireless connection in which ur bandwidth is share with other users. The buffer problem is the motive why I include the HD option in settings. Because with no buffer my internet connections can't keep with showtime.

One of the other plugins I was try to get up and running hit a dead end because httpGet doesn't support the redirection method us by linksafe.me, here is a example http://linksafe.me/d/072ec748e4. Any change to support this? Didn't really found the source of the problem I tried wget link and it worked.

Any how sorry for the wall of text.

Ps: I would love to help u in any way I can so if u have any idea for a plugin and don't have the time, or if u like the buffer idea, just point me I the right direction and I will give my best shoot.

revision3-0.3_source_by_NP_.tar.gz - Plugin source code 0.3 (15.6 KB)

showtime3.1git.revision3-0.3.pkg - Showntime including revision3 0.3 plugin for the PS3 (4.2 MB)

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by Fábio Ferreira about 9 years ago

I just viewed your plugin and I must congratulate you, amazing plugin, for me it is working with every section, but I had to disable the HD option, when I activated that option, every movie only would shown the Revision3 logo and stay there but the clock would continue as it was playing.

Do you have ideas in developing plugins for music or movie sharing (like motionempire or any other that may use Megavideo)? It would be very nice.

Thanks for the feedback it's nice to know I'm not the only one using the plugin.
The problem with the HD stream I think is the buffer issue. But I'm waiting on some feedback for Andreas on that matter.

The idea of creating a plugin for the kind of sites u suggested has crossed my mind, but it's a gray area plus many of them just use low quality stream and that for me is a deal breaker.
In any case all ideas are welcome!
I will take a look at motionempire, megavideo should be more tricky since they hide the files pretty well.

Obrigado Fábio

At the moment I am trying to develop new plugins from the ones that exist already (as templates for me) and I'm working in a Youtube, Channel9 and GameTrailers plugins, I have already something built for all (specifically for Channel9) but I want to test them, the problem is that I'm not being able to compile Showtime for PS3, may I ask you which commit of it are you using and the same for ps3toolchain+psl1ght+ps3libraries?

Obrigado pela resposta.

I used this as a reference link , a part for this compile the latest libav an update to the last version of showtime available.
If u need any help I would be glad to help.

I am viewing it but I'm working with PSL1GHT-v2...

In the git there is a branch for PSL1GHT-v2, but I don't know if it's working.

Ok, but I think I will downgrade to v1 so I can compile the latest commits, by the way, do you know if the v1 supports the ps3libraries with libcurl?

I don't think so, but it would be nice.
Currently I'm try to login a website using showtime.httpPost but with no success, an having a hard time determining the source of the problem, because in my case I can't run showtime on my computer, thanks to a crappy graphic card. Debugging in ps3 is a pain.

Yeah I know, when I was working in my project SuiteApp (multi-text reader) I had that problem when I had to debug.

RE: Revision3 Plugin update - Added by NP ... almost 9 years ago

Small update. Add support for the new API and the show notes for old episodes.

revision3.zip - Revision3 plugin version 0.4 (18.6 KB)

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by Andreas Smas almost 9 years ago

Ok to merge this plugin into the main repo?

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by NP ... almost 9 years ago

Sure, the objective to share the code.
And I am glad some thinks is worthed.

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by Girish Patel almost 9 years ago

I've been using Revision3 and its been great. I'm not too hot for the icon which is on a slant. I've found this icon attached. I tried changing the plugin logo but for some reason there is no installed plugins folder anymore. So I thought I'd delete the HTS folder and reinstall Showtime. Once I'd re-installed Showtime there was no HTS folder!

Anyhow to cut a long story short. Does the icon attached look better or worse? I can't change it from my end as I can see its getting files from git.

Thanks - Girish

RE: Revision3 Plugin - Added by NP ... almost 9 years ago

Girish hope u like the new logo and the new features of this release.
ChangeLog: * 0.5 * Added Bookmarks * Added Search Support * New icon

revision3.zip - Revision3 plugin version 0.5 (43.7 KB)

(1-16/16)