Youtube

Replies (11)

RE: Youtube - Added by Ajith Thampi almost 9 years ago

We definitely need a Youtube plugin. Or is it already there in Showtime?

RE: Youtube - Added by Andreas Smas almost 9 years ago

No, but I agree. If had the time I would have written one.

To whomever writes it. I'll be picky about the code as it's more of a "critical" component.

But i'd be supportive to. See it as a challenge :-)

uStream would be nice as well..

RE: Youtube - Added by Fábio Ferreira almost 9 years ago

Currently I'm working in Navi-X plugin and Youtube is fully working with every video link from it, even it supports a Search feature, it only needs some fixes.

But I may work in a plugin to support exclusively Youtube.

uStream I don't know about it... but maybe...

Now thats pretty awesome. I vouch for you Fabio.. bring on the youtube plugin ;)

RE: Youtube - Added by open ps3 almost 9 years ago

thx that you fix the bug!!!!

A Youtube plugin is in the works, I have already login to Youtube account working, video feeds working too (Top Rated, Most recent, etc.), page displaying information about a video, getting video links for every resolution (240p, 360p, 480p, 720p and 1080p) working, currently I'm working in adding a search feature, user actions (such as 'like' or 'dislike', maybe rate video and others).

Awesome!! So just a few more days to seeing it live!

There's yet many features of Youtube API to implement, but I think 1-2 weeks should be enough to implement them...

The current development branch is available here (public should wait for release), please refer to the README: http://github.com/facanferff/showtime-plugin-youtube

Currently about 85% of the plugin is completed but before it starts seeing the light I need Beta Testers interested in testing and providing suggestions to me, Beta Testers will be selected according to this document:

https://github.com/facanferff/showtime-plugin-youtube/wiki/Beta-Testers

This will be the most revolutionary Youtube on PS3. This plugin is being developed according to 3 essential keywords: Speed, Power, Usability

More people interested in the project faster is the plugin concluded and released. The release date is not yet defined.

Hey Fabio, did you find yourself some Beta testers? If needed I am open to being a tester.

(1-11/11)