Gametrailers

Added by orange lemon about 4 years ago

It's been more than a year now I think that I haven't been able to use the plugin gametrailers. It used to work well, and ever since I updated from showtime media center to movian, the plugin has stopped working. I uninstalled it, and then I couldn't even redownload it. It is listed on the website, but it doesn't appear anywhere when trying to download it (PS3 movian). Is there a way to get it back?

Thanks.

Replies (6)

RE: Gametrailers - Added by Fábio Ferreira about 4 years ago

I'm sorry but there will not be an update to it since GameTrailers officialy closed, as http://kotaku.com/video-game-website-gametrailers-closes-after-13-years-1757939279

RE: Gametrailers - Added by orange lemon about 4 years ago

Oh, didn't even know that! Thanks for clearing that out.

I did some research and gamespot and IGN seem to have similar content (game trailers basically). Is there a way to get a plugin that would allow to browse their videos easily like the one for youtube? I might be asking to much here, sorry...(we never know!).

orange lemon wrote:

I did some research and gamespot and IGN seem to have similar content (game trailers basically). Is there a way to get a plugin that would allow to browse their videos easily like the one for youtube? I might be asking to much here, sorry...(we never know!).

Unfortunately the videos of GameSpot use technology that Movian is not able yet to work with.
About IGN, I uploaded a simple version of it, once it is approved you will be able to download it. It is not as complete as GameTrailers was but I believe for now is a pretty good alternative.

It is now available to download from the Plugin Central, you will need Movian version at least 5.0.156

I downloaded the IGN plugin, and I must say it is great. It serves its purpose: to let the user easily watch the latest game trailers on TV. Thank you very much.

(1-6/6)