Showtime crashes

Added by otaru mx almost 9 years ago

I was using Showtime and it worked perfectly using media server to watch videos from my computer but lately when I try to open a folder as the files start to load the program crashes and exits to the xmb.

Replies (13)

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by otaru mx almost 9 years ago

Here is the log, hope it helps.

showtime-5.log (20.5 KB)

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by Leonid Protasov almost 9 years ago

Update to 4.5.126 and check again please. If the issue persists - attach the log.

Updated to latest version and still the same problem when trying to read files from computer, log attached.

showtime-0.log (32.2 KB)

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by Andreas Smas almost 9 years ago

otaru mx wrote:

Updated to latest version and still the same problem when trying to read files from computer, log attached.

I've improved crash reporting on PS3 a lot so if possible I would you to retest with Showtime 4.5.186 (or later) and then resubmit the log.

Preferable attach the log to issue #2000 directly

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by Herr KROKODILMAN almost 9 years ago

If it helps, here's the log from my testing on multiman. I am a new user of Showtime and have never gotten it to work to read the files from my smb shares. It just exits to xmb right after it loads the list of files. Tried with latest stable and latest dirty.

showtime-5.log (23.8 KB)

Here's a log from stand alone version. Couldn't get the latest one to install in multiman. But same error occures regardless.

showtime-0.log (26.4 KB)

I can confirm that the same crash happens when trying to access shares when using Showtime on RPI.

Everything works ok with latest bleeding edge version, if anything else arises I'll post corresponding log, thanks.

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by Mark L almost 9 years ago

I get the same type of crash, to dash or system hangs.
When accessing videos on a smb shares on one pc it crashes, does not seem to happen when I access files on my NAS.
Both are Gigabit.
The video will show the first few frames, then some menu options work and then the software fails.

Start to happen after other events trigger crashes, 1st ftp option screen then when accessing the bookmarks/bookmark options.
I updated to the bleed edge ver this seemed to fix the issues above,
But I still have issue with accessing videos on my pc smb share.
SMB shares on the pc worked in the past with no issues, the only thing I change on the pc was adding a gigabit card.

I tried to disable any option that seemed to take more resources. Are there any option I can try?

If not what steps do I need to do to make a 100% fresh install? I am starting to think some config files are corrupt.

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by Leonid Protasov almost 9 years ago

Mark L wrote:

I get the same type of crash, to dash or system hangs.
When accessing videos on a smb shares on one pc it crashes, does not seem to happen when I access files on my NAS.
Both are Gigabit.
The video will show the first few frames, then some menu options work and then the software fails.

Start to happen after other events trigger crashes, 1st ftp option screen then when accessing the bookmarks/bookmark options.
I updated to the bleed edge ver this seemed to fix the issues above,
But I still have issue with accessing videos on my pc smb share.
SMB shares on the pc worked in the past with no issues, the only thing I change on the pc was adding a gigabit card.

I tried to disable any option that seemed to take more resources. Are there any option I can try?

If not what steps do I need to do to make a 100% fresh install? I am starting to think some config files are corrupt.

https://showtimemediacenter.com/projects/showtime/wiki/Guideline_for_creating_issues

RE: Showtime crashes - Added by Mark L almost 9 years ago

Before opening an issue id like to purge everything related to any past installs and install and cofing everything fresh.
Never saw any detailed steps for this, as I don’t want to miss any details.

It seemed to work in the past and slowly seemed to break…

(1-13/13)