NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime

Added by Etwark Etwark over 9 years ago

Hi,guys first thing sorry for my english I'm not english, so I have a little problem with showtime, I have a 1tb hard disk with my media files and I can't play this files with showtime... How can I solve this problem...?

Thanks

Replies (14)

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by tae bog over 9 years ago

Convert your external HD to FAT32. Make sure you backup all your media files before doing it. There's alot of simple and free software out there to do it.:)

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Etwark Etwark over 9 years ago

Ok this could be a solution but I can't do this beacause my films are .mkv and are somithing like 8/9 gb..so do you thin that will be impossible to add the support for ntfs driver, i the future, to showtime..like in multiman..?

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Rural Hunter over 9 years ago

you can split large files with ffsj.

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Etwark Etwark over 9 years ago

Ok, are all solutions, but I think that the real solution it's to add to showtime ntfs driver,no..?

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by acki acki over 9 years ago

Etwark Etwark wrote:

Ok, are all solutions, but I think that the real solution it's to add to showtime ntfs driver,no..?

Now this IS possible with the release (port to PS3) of libntfs_ext with support for NTFS and EXT/2/3/4. It's all up to the devs now ;)

SEE: http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_desarrollo-libntfs-ext-con-soporte-ntfs-ext2-3-4-para-ps3_1944933

(Post is in spanish but you can always use google translate)

Regards.

So after this news the ntfs support will be added in the next release of showtime..?

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Rural Hunter about 9 years ago

It seems Andreas added NTFS support in the latest commits.

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

Yep, starting with version 4.3.556 there is NTFS read/write support.

To write to it just visit settings->ntfs0 and enable "Expose in Virtual File System". This allows you to access the NTFS device using Showtime's built-in FTP server. So while watching a movie, you can upload the next one!

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Rural Hunter about 9 years ago

I have to say: Very very cool!

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Dave C about 9 years ago

I tried the version 4.3.576, but it seems not stable...

I was able to see my NTFS ext drive, and all the files in it (though strangely it hid a couple of folders [ie folders became attrib +r +h somehow]), but trying to watch any movie i like (ones that I know work fine) would freeze the ps3 within 30 seconds. Starts playing.. just freezes after a bit.

But its a start :) very happy to see this coming along. Showtimes awesome :)

oh if it matters, it's a WD Mybook 3.0Tb drive, and it has none of the proprietary partitioning / software on it - I got rid of all that, and partitioned it myself.

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Sushil Khekare about 9 years ago

I can see my HDD detected with NTFS but not usb drive.

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by kj hg about 9 years ago

I would like to confirm a thought I had before testing. But if that driver supports ext2/3/4 in addition to NTFS does Showtime use those features also? I would like to use ext4 if possible but will resort to NTFS if needed for large file support.

RE: NFTS Hard Drive Problem With Showtime - Added by Andreas Smas about 9 years ago

Showtime have no ext/2/3/4 support.

(1-14/14)