'Improve metadata lookup' question

Added by Girish Patel over 10 years ago

"User is now able to enter a custom query in the item popup menu.
Add heuristics so we can use directory name as title when doing searches."

This sounded great news as this would help a great deal. But I still have the problem with this option not coming up on my mkv files. Clicking the 'square' button does not bring up 'Metadata search' info at all. It does with avi and mp4. So can this option be added to all video files? As all my mkv files have no tmdb lookup at all. To be able to manually add a title for tmdb to search is awesome! Thank you!

Replies (23)

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Mads Andersen over 10 years ago

Imdb lookup on MKV is working almost perfectly for me. Only thing is that if i manually input a Imdb number it wont save it, so even if it finds the right movie next time i can put it in again :D

Btw running showtime-3.99.518-ga0ed9e6 and streaming from my Synology Nas, im using DLNA :D

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Girish Patel over 10 years ago

I built Showtime about an hour ago so its the latest version (I don't know how to get what version it is on screen). I'm also streaming from NAS. Very strange!

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Andreas Smas over 10 years ago

Mads Andersen wrote:

Imdb lookup on MKV is working almost perfectly for me. Only thing is that if i manually input a Imdb number it wont save it, so even if it finds the right movie next time i can put it in again :D

Yes, I forgot implement that :-(

Btw running showtime-3.99.518-ga0ed9e6 and streaming from my Synology Nas, im using DLNA :D

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Andreas Smas over 10 years ago

Girish Patel wrote:

I built Showtime about an hour ago so its the latest version (I don't know how to get what version it is on screen). I'm also streaming from NAS. Very strange!

This sounds very strange. But Showtime does recognize the items as video i presume (so the item has the small movie icon before it).. And 'mark as seen' and
all of that work?

Andreas Öman wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

This sounds very strange. But Showtime does recognize the items as video i presume (so the item has the small movie icon before it).. And 'mark as seen' and
all of that work?

After thinking two more seconds I think I know why.
I presume that your NAS does not set a duration for the MKV files (but it does that for AVI and MP4?)
Right now Showtime won't consider doing metadata searches as it does not know the duration of the file.

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Girish Patel over 10 years ago

Andreas Öman wrote:

I presume that your NAS does not set a duration for the MKV files (but it does that for AVI and MP4?)
Right now Showtime won't consider doing metadata searches as it does not know the duration of the file.

I worked that out too regarding the duration. Was there a specific reason for the if < 5 minutes no look up?

Girish Patel wrote:

Andreas Öman wrote:

I worked that out too regarding the duration. Was there a specific reason for the if < 5 minutes no look up?

Suppressing files < 5 minutes makes sure no sample snippets, etc are looked up.

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Mads Andersen over 10 years ago

Forgot to mention that if you manually choose imdb lookup for a movie.. Then it wont save it either.

This is working great now and my mkv files have artwork! Thank you!

One problem now is in the 'Metadata search' I've tried to change the movie name as it's coming up wrong. It lets me change it but it keeps reverting back to the one originally chosen. (EDIT after a few minutes of leaving it finally it changed the artwork).

Now the next stage is how can I add my own image to display? As I have some music video files that are not on TMDB. Is it the same as before? Same name as file with jpg extension etc? This never worked across UPNP. Any ideas would be great. My thoughts are to add a file in where the images are stored. Not sure if it would work though but will have a go when I get time.

Girish Patel wrote:

This is working great now and my mkv files have artwork! Thank you!

One problem now is in the 'Metadata search' I've tried to change the movie name as it's coming up wrong. It lets me change it but it keeps reverting back to the one originally chosen. (EDIT after a few minutes of leaving it finally it changed the artwork).

Hm, sounds fishy. It's not 100% solid yet but I hope it should work kind'a OK now.

Now the next stage is how can I add my own image to display? As I have some music video files that are not on TMDB. Is it the same as before? Same name as file with jpg extension etc? This never worked across UPNP. Any ideas would be great. My thoughts are to add a file in where the images are stored. Not sure if it would work though but will have a go when I get time.

That should work assuming your UPNP server can deliver images in same browse results as video.

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Mike Rulez over 10 years ago

Hi guys, it's there a way to use our own files for metadata? (because all my movies already been fetched with a third party program) http://i.imgur.com/ApKGm.png this is an example of a movie, it would be nice if we could use also a backdrop (background picture) and support for thetvdb? that would be awesome :) sorry if i hijacked the this thread.

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Ajith Thampi over 10 years ago

Is this the method of TMDB access and UI expected for showtime-4.0 ? Or this is just a transitional phase of UI?

Ajith Thampi wrote:

Is this the method of TMDB access and UI expected for showtime-4.0 ? Or this is just a transitional phase of UI?

No it will stay pretty much like this for 4.0

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Ajith Thampi over 10 years ago

Cool, might I then suggest that we have a bigger Cover photo on the right window?

And options to remove the color code, say set background color to grey/black as original showtime?

Bigger fonts to be used in the imdb/tmdb movie description.

Ajith Thampi wrote:

Cool, might I then suggest that we have a bigger Cover photo on the right window?

I've already customised my builds of Showtime to have a bigger photo on the right :)

Girish Patel wrote:

I've already customised my builds of Showtime to have a bigger photo on the right :)

Cool, maybe you can pass me a copy of your custom build? :)

Thanks Girish for your copy. Just what I wanted and I hope Andreas will incorporate the large photo request.

Also, I think if you can somehow display TMDB info on the folder select itself, it would be great. As of now, folders don't show a photo, and you have to enter the folder for the cover photo to display.

If there is not ticket created for this, I might as well create one now.

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Jamie Ben over 10 years ago

Displaying TMDB info on the selected folder itself will be a fantastic and very welcome feature.
and with thetvdb.com api integration for Series and animes showtime will be almost perfect :)

Hope the Devs are considering this for 4.0 release.

Hi Girish,

Can you please share your 4.0 build?

I wasn't able to build it in Ubuntu wm with vmware fusion.

Thanks

Hi James,

I've just emailed it to you :)

Thanks man.
It's pretty nice and the background is awesome.
I hope the Dev will integrate a way to custom the background.

RE: 'Improve metadata lookup' question - Added by Anonymous over 10 years ago

@Girish Patel

Can you please send me your custom build 4.0 too?

I will use showtime with large Cover.

Big Cover looks good.

thanks

(1-23/23)