Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST!

Added by Tyrant Max over 9 years ago

Andoma is getting ready to release Showtime 4.0!

Showtime 4.0 will feature a totally new user interface and experience. Thats why the Showtime Team is looking for a new xbm icon that will reflect this new era.


xmb icon:

320 x 176 size
No copyright images
Raw file (PSD, AI..)

How to submit entries:

Reply to this thread with a sample image (PNG/JPEG...).
or
Send the sample image to

Other ps3 sites you can participate too!

How winner is chosen:

Showtime Team will review all the entries and declare a winner.
Winner will receive credit for their artwork.

Goodluck!

Tyrant

Showtime Team #showtime irc.efnet.net

The Finalists

opium

Anthony Yeager

Mike S WINNER


Replies (44)

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Anthony Yeager over 9 years ago

Girish Patel wrote:

I have to agree, this is great work. Me being me can see little tweaks that could be made. Might make it better or worse but still I would have to try them :)

Straighten up the logo, being slightly off doesn't look right to me.
How does the logo look without the grey background? Also the text 'media player' might look a little small when placed on the XMB screen.

Well done again for a great logo!!!

Of course tweaks can be made but the overall concept is nice. I actually like the slight tilt of the logo. I think the colors could be a bit brighter with maybe a slight outer glow added to it but that's just me.:P My entry looks more like a car emblem. Hahahahahaha.

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Mike S over 9 years ago

ok here are a few variations of the logo.

on the left is the logo by itself (no text & no background).
on the right is the logo with text and a background.

The very last image is just to give an example of the logo with the text but no background.

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Mike S over 9 years ago

Thanks for the compliments/suggestions guys! Of course the competition isn’t over yet. It was mentioned about the logo having a tilt - this was done on purpose, just kinda felt right and gives it a lil more character. Of course it will never settle right for everyone, that’s art for ya, haha. But please keep the suggestions, criticism, ideas coming in. Its all beneficial!
Lots of great work here from everyone! Keep it coming in!

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Anthony Yeager over 9 years ago

I'm not able to see the image. Is that happening for anyone else?

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Mike S over 9 years ago

For those unable to see the image posted in the forum, here is an attached file.

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Tyrant Max over 9 years ago

Mike S did set the bar high! (!)

thanks mike :)

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Girish Patel over 9 years ago

Mike S wrote:

ok here are a few variations of the logo.

on the left is the logo by itself (no text & no background).
on the right is the logo with text and a background.

The very last image is just to give an example of the logo with the text but no background.

The very last one is the best! It's different to all the others. I like it without the text. Any chance of posting it in the correct dimensions 320 x 176 pixels so I can place it in Showtime to see what it looks like please?

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Jamie Ben over 9 years ago

My favorite is the two on the second line :) the tilt is classy.

what about suggesting a new background ?

Thanks

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Mike S over 9 years ago

Girish Patel wrote:

The very last one is the best! It's different to all the others. I like it without the text. Any chance of posting it in the correct dimensions 320 x 176 pixels so I can place it in Showtime to see what it looks like please?

here ya go

ICON0.PNG (25.2 KB)

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Girish Patel over 9 years ago

Mike S wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

The very last one is the best! It's different to all the others. I like it without the text. Any chance of posting it in the correct dimensions 320 x 176 pixels so I can place it in Showtime to see what it looks like please?

here ya go


Looks good in Showtime but its slightly too big so just needs some spacing around it.
I'm still not too sure about the icon being slightly off, but that's just my opinion :)

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Mike S over 9 years ago

Girish Patel wrote:

Mike S wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

The very last one is the best! It's different to all the others. I like it without the text. Any chance of posting it in the correct dimensions 320 x 176 pixels so I can place it in Showtime to see what it looks like please?

here ya go


Looks good in Showtime but its slightly too big so just needs some spacing around it.
I'm still not too sure about the icon being slightly off, but that's just my opinion :)

thanks for sharing. I haven't had the chance to check it out on my ps3 yet. BTW here is another one if you want to try it out. I added a bit of spacing as you suggested and I also straightened it up for ya.

ICON0.PNG (20.2 KB)

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Girish Patel over 9 years ago

Mike S wrote:

thanks for sharing. I haven't had the chance to check it out on my ps3 yet. BTW here is another one if you want to try it out. I added a bit of spacing as you suggested and I also straightened it up for ya.

You're going to think I'm terrible as I think it looks too straight now hahaha!! It's one of things I'd test, straight, off etc but I need to test it to see if it does work or not. Thanks for straightening it up :)
I think it needs some kind of depth to it, something like the icon below (if you know what I mean, more dimension?)

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Tyrant Max over 9 years ago

Thanks everyone!

New showtime 4.0 icon by Mike S :D congrats!

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by opium 2k over 9 years ago

Congrats Mike S and nice job. The icon looks great!

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Mike S over 9 years ago

Thanks guys! Im glad I was able to contribute to this awesome application and community!

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Anthony Yeager over 9 years ago

I thought we had until the 31st.:( What happened?

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Tyrant Max over 9 years ago

andoma was faster than expected!

your entry was great too anthony!

RE: Showtime 4.0 XMB ICON CONTEST! - Added by Anthony Yeager over 9 years ago

I only ask because I was working on a 3D icon that I was hoping to get in before the 31st. No worries.:P

1 2 (26-44/44)