Why is Red Squirrel always credited for Showtime?

Added by Kal-El Junior almost 10 years ago

I see it everywhere, a lot of PS3 forums, people think that Red Squirrel is the one who actually develops Showtime, when in fact he just compiles it from Andreas Oman's github thingy, who thinks he should make it more clear? Because he's getting a lot of credit for it.

Replies (4)

RE: Why is Red Squirrel always credited for Showtime? - Added by Girish Patel almost 10 years ago

I definitely think he should make it clear that Andreas is the MAN! I'm not too happy also as he says he doesn't like the Showtime logo and uses the old logo. I revamped the logo for Showtime!!! hahaha!

RE: Why is Red Squirrel always credited for Showtime? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 10 years ago

Red Squirrel certainly makes it clear on his homepage that Showtime is Developed by me.

If people think the other way then there is not much I can do about that. I don't have time to lurk on forums and write stuff.

I think it's good that someone bother to release the builds since I seem a bit too lazy to do that :-)

RE: Why is Red Squirrel always credited for Showtime? - Added by | Benzonia | almost 10 years ago

Yeah I think the only reason is that Red Squirrel ends up posting on other PS3 forums. As Andreas said, Red Squirrel's webpage is very clear that he's not the author of Showtime, but no one takes the time to read that, and no one cares to point that out on PS3 message boards.

RE: Why is Red Squirrel always credited for Showtime? - Added by Rusty Unknown over 9 years ago

People are just lazy. They see Red Squirrel posts on front pages of popular news sites and a download to Showtime. Most people don't even know what compiling or builds are. They just think he is releasing updates.

Once Andreas releases his auto build/update system it will be crystal clear to users then.

One of Red Squirrel's more recent posts on PS3NEWS said he will be discontinuing his builds based on the vacation (no ps3 development) period of Andreas, and the news from Andreas that his auto build/update system is near completion.

Red Squirrel isn't trying to take credit. People are just too stupid (no other way to say it) to realize he's not the developer.

The only way you can really change that is to slap "BY ANDREAS OMAN" on every news posts and in the GUI, but that would be pretty harsh :p

I think anyone who really cares about the development will know Andreas is the developer and that is the most important part :)

(1-4/4)