Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up?

Added by Özgün Can Özgüneş almost 10 years ago

I have this problem with v3.3.296, v3.3.307 and v3.3.312, red squirrel releases. I open Showtime, after few seconds, upper left corner objects starts to flicker(back, forth, home). Then Showtime locks-up. I can navigate through menus and open movies before this happens. And if I'm playing a movie, screen freezes but sound is continues. But PS3 is locked-up, because when I press Power button, it struggles to shut down, and tries long time(double beep shutdown, force shutdown).

Also, I have HD streaming problems with v3.3.282, but I don't sure about this, recently updated my repeater router's firmware, maybe this is related to router. Gonna try v3.3.275.

Replies (8)

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Girish Patel almost 10 years ago

Özgün Can Özgüneş wrote:

I have this problem with v3.3.296, v3.3.307 and v3.3.312, red squirrel releases. I open Showtime, after few seconds, upper left corner objects starts to flicker(back, forth, home). Then Showtime locks-up. I can navigate through menus and open movies before this happens. And if I'm playing a movie, screen freezes but sound is continues. But PS3 is locked-up, because when I press Power button, it struggles to shut down, and tries long time(double beep shutdown, force shutdown).

I've had this problem too. I noticed it only happens when I've used Showtime for the 1st time after installation. So once I've used Showtime a few times it runs ok.

Just installed 3.3.319 and it just froze on me after I'd input my general setting. Then when I go back to the main page it locked up.

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Rusty Unknown almost 10 years ago

Some of the new builds are unstable, just try an older build until it is stable again.

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Kal-El Junior almost 10 years ago

Rusty Unknown wrote:

Some of the new builds are unstable, just try an older build until it is stable again.

This...

As new builds come out, problems rise, stick with an old build.

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 10 years ago

Ok. I've seen the problem as well...

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Rusty Unknown almost 10 years ago

Here is a build I found on my USB drive. You can see if this one still freezes.

It may or may not freeze, as I'm unsure which build it is, but you can try it (I don't have access to my PS3 at the moment to check the build)...

I recommend uninstalling old versions prior to installing the new build (If you don't mind configuring it again), because I noticed a metadata cache bug one time (most likely due to old and new metadata version conflicts)...

showtime.pkg (5.61 MB)

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Mike Rulez almost 10 years ago

Hi, i tested the newest repack v3.3.328 and have no more freezes or flickerings, got it from ps3news i guess it will be also in the redsquirrel87's main site also (didn't see it at the time of my download). But i do have one new problem that started from yesterday after installing an older version over v3.3.312 and is that right now i cannot see the logos of the plugins or at least not all (after restart the ps3 i can get channel 9 and another one that i cannot remember at the moment) but cannot even get the tversity or media player streams and the rest of the extra plugins, is there a way to fix this? thanks

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Mike Rulez almost 10 years ago

I have fixed my problem with the logos (had to delete the showtime folder using ftp) but still missing megaviewer logo. Anyway showtime still freeze while i'm using youtube (tried 3 times) but can't say about other plugins, also i didn't notice the flickering in the left upper side of the player with redsquirrel87's version 3.3.328 (like older 3 releases), i'm going to keeping testing this one and Multiman's version 3.3.307, hope there's a fix soon and sorry for my english.

RE: Objects flickering then PS3 locks-up? - Added by Rusty Unknown over 9 years ago

There is no need to use FTP to delete showtime. You can simply press the triangle button when Showtime is selected on the PS3 XMB menu. This will give you the option to uninstall Showtime (which should remove it's folder).

You can get more frequent builds to test by downloading here (it is updated more often than redsquirrel's builds):
http://www.jaensch-koloska.de/maximilian/ps3/showtime/showtime.zip

I have never tried redsquirrel's releases, but I doubt he has contributed anything specific to his build other than maybe an altered logo or something.

The plugins may not be stable. Other people develop the plugins for Showtime, so you may need to contact that plugin's developer to report issues for it (or maybe leave it in the issues tracker here, and hope they check it). If it only freezes when using the YouTube plugin, maybe that plugin is unstable.

(1-8/8)