Andoma, what are your goals for the next release ???
It would be interesting to know what are the goals you want or have to get the next release of showtime
First a couple of things I've already done:
- Fix a problem in the image/texture loader that could cause images/texture not to be loaded at all.
- Fix a crash when browsing files/directories.
- Show a warning when the video decoder is too slow to be able to play back in realtime.
- Build libav with altivec support. This speed up video/audio decoding with 50% - 100%
Next some things I hope to do before next release.
- DVD support - Playback of ISO files and DVD-like directory structures. This kinda works now, but sometimes crashes. I have not figured that out yet.
- NTFS support. Work has begun but I need to add USB support for PSL1GHT first.
- Crash tracing and proper exit when one of the threads crashes.
- Try to fix support for more characters in the font (Lots of people have reported that subtitles from various regions does not work. This is a font rendering issue)
RE: Andoma, what are your goals for the next release ??? - Added by pellopones loler over 11 years ago
I hope you get a powerful Media Center.
Very thanks Andoma
"Build libav with altivec support. This speed up video/audio decoding with 50% - 100%"
Does that mean that 720p x264 mkv now run without lagging?
Btw, great work.
i nice thing might be to make it that instead of installing it so it shows up in the game section i ends up unde video section in XMB