Showtime No sound On 1080p MKV videos with Dolby Digital or DTS audio.. HELP!!

Added by Von John about 9 years ago

I have downloaded the latest version which supports multi channel. My PS3 is hooked to an HDTV and the sound is hooked via OPTICAL CABLE in a receiver.
No sound is coming when playing 1080P VIDS with DTS or DD. What should i do? Please Help! Thanks

Replies (2)

RE: Showtime No sound On 1080p MKV videos with Dolby Digital or DTS audio.. HELP!! - Added by Matteo Plazzer about 9 years ago

The setting on XMB for audio output is "bitstream" or "PCM"?
Only hdmi 1.3 supports HD audio signal. I'm not sure but if you send an dts-ma or trueHD in analog PCM signal over spdif cable to AVreceiver, you cannot hear nothing or hear crap rumors. I suggest to switch the setting to BITSTREAM, in this way the ps3 extract the core DTS/DOLBY from DTS-MA/TRUE-HD and trasmit the normal digital DTS/DOLBY over spdif cable.
This was first of showtime (ps3 media server or BD..)...showtime works in a different mode. The audio track will be always decode to PCM signal and then the PS3 reconvert to best output flagged into XMB (usually DTS)....then I don't know what happen with the source is an hd audio. Anyway, if you have a optical cable and an receiver support DTS signal,I suggest you to set BITSTREAM and DTS in the XMB settings. ...in this way probably you will not have problems to play HDaudio track ot DTS 5.1...

RE: Showtime No sound On 1080p MKV videos with Dolby Digital or DTS audio.. HELP!! - Added by Carrie Berlin almost 3 years ago

I think it's something about the audio codec. It's the same with PS4 that can't play MKV with dts audio codec. To fix this problem, you need to convert the dts codec to AC3 one. Here is the solution:[[http://www.videoconverterfactory.com/tips/can-ps4-play-mkv.html]]

(1-2/2)