Pause Problems ps3 twonky

Added by xbones x over 11 years ago

I'm currently using 3.1.22.

When I play a MKV file from my Twonky media server it plays just fine.... Unless I pause it.

If I pause it, and start it right away, it's ok.. If I pause it for more than 30 seconds then play again, the picture gets all pixelated and freezes, but the audio continues... If I try scrolling forward or back in the video, the audio works, but the screen remains black. Only way to get video is to quit and restart..

Just FYI, I have my ps3 hard wired into the network, not wireless. I use other media programs such as PS3 media server with twonky and pause works fine.

Pause is essential in any media playback device, please get this working.

Thanks for the great program!!

Replies (14)

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Kenn S over 11 years ago

i'm having the same problem issue. I think the problem is caused by the memory leak. I'm sure you will also have a problem if you press BACK and PLAY again, there is an error saying "CPU is too slow to decode this video".

Yes, please fix these problem. Thank you

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Michele Tucci over 11 years ago

I've same problem (3.1.27). If you press BACK and PLAY again, there is an error saying "CPU is too slow to decode this video" or if you press STOP and PLAY on other MKV file there is "CPU is too slow to decode this video" and the video is very slow and shuttered.

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Tom Mottom over 11 years ago

same problem, when i pause a mkv for more than a few seconds.

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by | Benzonia | over 11 years ago

FYI -- 3.1.22 and 3.1.27 are actually unofficial builds of Showtime, which have just been repackaged by somebody else who tinkered with the program. The original author of Showtime is currently on vacation, and he didn't create those 3.1.22/3.1.27 builds, so I'm sure he'll be addressing these issues when he gets back.

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by The Craiggers over 11 years ago

I'm having the same problem, only I'm not using Twonky, and I'm using the official build he posted before he left.

Hmm...too bad, the bug is still there even in this new version.

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Andreas Smas over 11 years ago

My Twonky install has "expired". What a lame software.

Is it possible to get a haxx0red version of Twonky?

Hi Andreas,

In order to generate the error, you don't need TWONKY. Just press BACK button once or a few times while you are watching the movie and press PLAY again (pretend you wanna choose another movie title), after a while tries I'm sure there is an error saying "CPU is too slow to decode this video" or you can also generate the error another way, just press START for a few minutes to pause, when you press START again to play, usually the movie will start stuttering or even blank. Then when you press BACK button and press PLAY button again, that CPU error will appears.

Really hopes you can fix it. Thank you.

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Kal-El Junior over 11 years ago

twonky is a piece of crap, get Tversity, and turn all transcoding settings off.

Also make sure you're using the latest showtime.

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Max Jänsch over 11 years ago

Andreas Öman wrote:

My Twonky install has "expired". What a lame software.

Is it possible to get a haxx0red version of Twonky?

don't know about haxx0red version, but if you haven't found anything yet let me know.

I use minidlna which is free. But i think this is related with twonky somehow?

RE: Pause Problems ps3 twonky - Added by Max Jänsch over 11 years ago

i don't use any media server, i just found out i got a free serial for twonky with some of my network-hardware. as i don't need it i would donate it to you

Sure I would appreciate that. It's useful for testing.

please mail me at:

(1-14/14)