Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails?

Added by Kal-El Junior over 11 years ago

Hey :)

I was just wondering if the devs of this fantastic piece of software are working on adding covers.

Like how multiman does.

Check this pic:
http://www.ps3news.com/images/img_26661-2.jpg

The way it works in multiman is you insert your image file and name it as "COVER.JPG" in the folder of the movie.

Replies (65)

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Girish Patel almost 11 years ago

Ajith Thampi wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

I've just browsed video files from my Acer Tablet (which is on the network wirelessly) using Showtime. And Showtime gave me thumbnails for 3gp video files!!! It's never done that before.

Browse on android with show time? Is there an app available?

My Acer a500 inonia tab has it built in and the PS3 recognised it straight away.

But still nothing from my NAS drive :(

Weirdly mine worked :-) using a Thecus NAS server with twonky media serverwith Upnp!

My NAS is Iomega running Twonky Media Server upnp but I can't get it to work.

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Ajith Thampi almost 11 years ago

Girish Patel wrote:

Ajith Thampi wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

My Acer a500 inonia tab has it built in and the PS3 recognised it straight away.

Iconia tab has what exactly? What does it have that XOOM doesn't??

I hope there are more surprises in store. Recently came to see screensavers when listening to music. Where does show time get the pictures to display? Pretty neat looking and would love to see more pics during screensaver mode.

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Rusty Unknown almost 11 years ago

Does this also work for movies? I don't like the static "No Media" text being burnt into my TV screen :/

An application called 'Acer Media Server'

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 11 years ago

Ajith Thampi wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

Ajith Thampi wrote:

Girish Patel wrote:

I hope there are more surprises in store. Recently came to see screensavers when listening to music. Where does show time get the pictures to display? Pretty neat looking and would love to see more pics during screensaver mode.

It gets them from last.fm

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Andreas Smas almost 11 years ago

Rusty Unknown wrote:

Does this also work for movies? I don't like the static "No Media" text being burnt into my TV screen :/

Right, I agree. The 'no media loaded' looks quite lame.

I'm planning on doing plugins that can add screensavers too.

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Faith Genesis Raven almost 11 years ago

Is there anyway way to have cover art but for browsing folders
Have the images as folder.xxx or cover.xxx or name_of_folder.xxx (inside the folder)
so when a folder is highlighted and if there's an image it would show
would be very useful and awesome for tv series as there's multiple folders

I've been a bit dissapointed with the covers not working from files stored on a has drive. So I've been thinking could a custom bit of code be added to tell showtime to pull the covers from a specific location that is manually put in by the user? Like a bookmark URL but it would be the folder that stores all the images. Is the reason why the covers work with files on the internal hard drive and USB is because Showtime knows where the files are? As the location is always the same. But files on a nas drive are different to individuals? Hence me thinking if you could manually add the location would it work?

I know I think too much about this stuff haha. But this working from a nas would be great!

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Claudio Mendes almost 11 years ago

Girish Patel wrote:

I've been a bit dissapointed with the covers not working from files stored on a has drive. So I've been thinking could a custom bit of code be added to tell showtime to pull the covers from a specific location that is manually put in by the user? Like a bookmark URL but it would be the folder that stores all the images. Is the reason why the covers work with files on the internal hard drive and USB is because Showtime knows where the files are? As the location is always the same. But files on a nas drive are different to individuals? Hence me thinking if you could manually add the location would it work?

I know I think too much about this stuff haha. But this working from a nas would be great!

give it time i'm pretty sure all those features are coming :)

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by K B over 10 years ago

Is this still planned (i.e folder covers)?

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Girish Patel over 10 years ago

I've finally got covers for my files stored on a NAS drive!!! The way I got it work was to use the plugin Navi-X. I created a playlist with my links to the files and thumbnails. I uploaded the playlist file to a web hosting and linked to it via the link in the Navi-X script. So when I click the Navi-X icon (I could change it I guess to my own icon) Showtime opens up my files with cover art!

I've only been experimenting as I have way too many files to manually add to the playlist and it's not 100% working. Fingers crossed Showtime 4 has something new included for covers fir files stored on NAS.

Cover with Navi-X and NAS - Added by Tiago windcrusher over 10 years ago

GOOD

Could you send me a noob tutorial telling you how to edit the list to accept smb folder?

I tried but could not include a link (intranet) in Naxi-X
My moveis stored SMB folder like.. \\192.168.1.120\E\Movies

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Girish Patel over 10 years ago

More experimenting with Navi-X plugin

My playlist files are stored on my NAS. Only problem here is no artwork on the right hand side.

Click on a file and you get this!!

Then folder view kind of works too!

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Giovanni Ambrosio over 10 years ago

So if I put the cover in the same folder showtime should show the image?

RE: Movie/TVshow covers/thumbnails? - Added by Vincent A about 9 years ago

Firstly, I would like to thank everyone involved in the project Showtime. You've done a great Job!! :)

I use Showtime only to read my films and my series. The cover systeme works great for movies but like many people here, I have problems with folders.

I understand that the problem is UPNP but here is my idea :

Why not use MovieDB to manage covers on folders?

If we have a directory like this:

We can make the request to MovieDB with the folder name !

Tell me what you think ;)

1 2 3 (51-65/65)