Interface confusion

Added by Lenze Davis over 11 years ago

I heard that in a revision about a month ago fullscreen horizontal stretching was added? In the video settings menu? I can't figure out for the life of me where that option is but I can't find it. It's certainly not under global settings, and unless there's something I'm missing, there's no other settings menu. I'm not talking about horiz/vert underscan, I was informed there is an option to TOGGLE fullscreen video or something. The only hint of it I found was in the keymapper, where F11 toggles fullscreen video. Is there any way to map this to a PS3 controller instead? I have no keyboard, and so there is no way I can push F11, and when I tried to clear the setting and add it in myself, it wouldn't let me. Any help would be appreciated greatly.

Replies (12)

RE: Interface confusion - Added by Andreas Smas over 11 years ago

Under Video settings (global settings) there is "Stretch video to widescreen" which should do what you want

RE: Interface confusion - Added by Lenze Davis over 11 years ago

I have the global settings tab, in the latest port of Showtime for PS3 (2.99.401) but I don't have the Video Settings option under Global Settings. I've uninstalled it and reinstalled it, and it still shows up in the Game tab instead of video. In addition, under global settings all I have listed are:

Audio output
autodiscovered devices
bookmarks
Display and User interface
Keymapper
Languages
Opensubtitles.org
Plugins
Subtitles

Is there a different source I need to install from or something?

RE: Interface confusion - Added by Girish Patel over 11 years ago

use this link for the most up to date build 2.99.517 I think now

http://www.jaensch-koloska.de/maximilian/ps3/showtime/showtime.zip

It gets updated by Max so once a week or so click the link again to download the newest version :)

RE: Interface confusion - Added by Costin Radu over 11 years ago

i just installed showtime-2.99.534. "Stretch video to widescreen" option do nothing when is activated. i have 1080i plasma display and HDMI connection.

Please file a ticket and upload a sample file

i think the best option for this issue it will be a custom picture zoom(scaling).i just put a ticket for this option in the issues section.
i wanna thank you for your great work.keep it up!

Picture zoom is easy to do and I will try to fix that ASAP (before 3.0 even)

But it would be interesting to see a sample too and see why showtime does not scale correctly itself?

Are there black bars "built in" to the encoded picuture?

i tried 10 diferent movies, no one fit to full screen when the auto scaling is on.I think the custom scaling will be great as an extra option for the auto scaling that you already implemented because of the multitude of movies formats.All multimedia players have this feature and it will be great that you can implemented asap.thank you for the quick answers.

Are you sure it's not incorrectly configured overscan settings?

Does the userinterface (in particular the bar at the top) fill the entire screen?

If the UI does not fit the entire screen then zooming wont help much either.

Yes Andreas, the user interface is correctly set.The Ui fit the entire screen.

RE: Interface confusion - Added by Cocoon Moo about 11 years ago

If you or somebody is still interested,
I needed a "stretch to fullscreen" option, too and added it.

If you wan't to try, it is a new option under Settings --> Video-Options --> stretch to fullscreen

https://github.com/cocoon/showtime/tree/dcb9b69beb3b4e15383bf579d9b51f6c673e09a5

Sent a "Pull-Request", maybe it will be integrated later.

RE: Interface confusion - Added by Rusty Unknown about 11 years ago

The fullscreen option is implemented now.

Kool stuff :)

(1-12/12)