MKV file in network directories are not displayed

Added by Stève Sikati almost 4 years ago

MKV files in network directories are invisible . they don't show up.

It is not a critical issue. i always have to remane te files on my computer and add another extension at the end like .avi to have the Movian's UI displaying them. And then everything works fine.

Here is my config: PS3, HP Laptop on Window 8 (not 8.1), an internet access provider's box-router with ethernet ports and everythings are linked through cables.

Has anyone experience this? what am i missing? how can i fix it?

thank you

Replies (6)

RE: MKV file in network directories are not displayed - Added by Andreas Smas almost 4 years ago

It's hard to tell without more information. Do you access your files using UPNP/DLNA or Samba shares?

RE: MKV file in network directories are not displayed - Added by Stève Sikati almost 4 years ago

i have never set up anything.
it was there the first time i hook up my computer and ps3 to my router with automatic ip address set. I opened the network section in movian's main screen and i found a windows-media-like icon with my computer's name. it is an implementation defaultly made by windows 8.

RE: MKV file in network directories are not displayed - Added by Andreas Smas over 3 years ago

Ok, in that case you are probably using UPNP/DLNA file sharing. I'm not sure about Windows 8's ability to share MKV files. I think you would be better off by sharing a folder on your windows computer using normal windows file sharing.

RE: MKV file in network directories are not displayed - Added by Stève Sikati over 3 years ago

that's the problem, i have shared multiples directories of my computer with mkv files inside. but i have never found these shared files in movian, where they supposed to appear on the main screen?

RE: MKV file in network directories are not displayed - Added by Andreas Smas over 3 years ago

Your computer is supposed to turn up under the "Local Network" icon (but not as a windows icon) it should look like this (brinstar is the name of my server)

Anyway, you can also type smb://100.100.100.100 in the search bar (but replace the address with the ip address to your computer).

Then you can bookmark items.

Would be interesting to know if that works for you.

brinstar.png (8.47 KB)

RE: MKV file in network directories are not displayed - Added by Stève Sikati over 3 years ago

hello
sorry for beiing so late

this is exactly how i proceed. with the network icon on the main screen and trough my computer icon appearing with this exact icon you provided.

but the mkv files just don't show up.

sorry once again, next time i will answer quicker .

(1-6/6)