A little problem with "pause" since the last update and the new UI

Added by Stève Sikati almost 4 years ago

Hi andreas

This is such a great work, thank you for everthing.

Please, i would like to summit a little problem. Pressing the "X" button on PS3 doesn't directly pause the video since this last update.

The little menu bar with shortcuts that pop-up is great but the video doesn't pause and we have to press "X" one more time, this is not good.

Especially because the little menu bar hides the subtitles and since the video continues to play, we have most of the time to get back in the vid.

i didn't find it intuitive, having to hit twice to pause a video, in fact it is very disturbing and since we also have to press the "O"
button to dispel the little sub bar menu, it could leads to tricky situations (exiting the entire video by hiting "O" twice) .

thanks for everything once again

Replies (2)

RE: A little problem with "pause" since the last update and the new UI - Added by Andreas Smas almost 4 years ago

The reason for this is that I want to have the same UI across all platforms where Movian (This means less work for me)

Many platforms only have a single "OK" to activate things so it just needs to bring up the menu.

Some alternatives:

You can use the Start-button to do play/pause.
You can press 'up' to leave the small menu (no risk of double tapping O)

RE: A little problem with "pause" since the last update and the new UI - Added by Stève Sikati over 3 years ago

thank you, i didn't know about those shortcuts. Maybe there is a documentation for all that somewhere i don't know.

I use the Android app and it is also annoying on touch UI. i have others complaint but i will write it elsewhere.

and you have achieved so much for free, i just hope you are going well and have enough love in your life.

thank you

(1-2/2)